Oh Lordy……..

Most interesting kind of day today……..It started out at 06:00 this morning when I opened my eyes and saw that my alarm was less than 1 minute from going off….. and I really hate it when it does that– for multiple reasons. I sat up in a hurry to shut the alarm off, pulling a muscle or straining something that probably shouldn’t have strained in the process…. but none-the-less. Got the alarm shut off, grabbed my shorts and slinked on out of the bedroom, happy that I did not wake my bride in the process of all that. Bathroom stuff done……. caught up on the news (boy ain’t that a mess) got all of my batteries off of charge and loaded them into where they needed to be. Put my camera together and hauled it and it’s case out to the truck. LOVE these mornings…. temps are dropping into the very low 80’s…. and occasionally even into the very upper 70’s.  Don’t have to run the A/C [which means drastically lower electric bills) a most righteous breeze to enjoy and wake up to. Because the windows are open you have to learn to tolerate dogs barking, cats meowing because they are in pain (or in heat) and the occasional peacock or horse, but the the really nice break on the electric bill makes it worth it. I did all my stuff including my standard issue wonderful breakfast and headed out for a morning of diving without rousing my Bride. I like that because I know if she is sleeping that late- she probably needs it.

Cruise ship in today and the morning boat was ALL cruise ship passengers. At this point here – I could probably do an entire page just on the ‘atmosphere’ around cruise ship divers…… but I won’t [right now]. I enjoyed the folks we had and spent a delightful 2 hours chasing them all around. Even with my sub-par light set up right now…. I still managed some shots I think our divers will be happy with. Sure do hope so. We were invited to an impromptu night out to celebrate a (diving) friends birthday. With nothing on the schedule we accepted….. even though it was to a place we swore we wouldn’t go back to….. especially on a Friday night. I guess some plans are just made to be changed or broken though. We met up and finally wound up with a table big enough for everybody. Most conversations were about diving and my Queen was the only non-diver there- but she held her own in all conversations.  The rest of the evening is better left to the imagination….. so I will leave it as saying my Queen and I left early…… she is now sleeping soundly in our nice cool bedroom. Not sure if I will see her [again] before I leave in the morning for more diving…… If I don’t………. let’s just say I hope she feels a lot better than I think she is going to   😉

Good Night Y’all * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 288 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *