…and on we go~

Pretty typical start to my day.  I had an appointment to get my Queens car to a mechanic (yea, still trying to get that figured out) and the neighbor needed to borrow my truck, so it worked out well, he could take my truck and pick me up when I dropped the car off. I showed him on the map where it the place was and he said he meet me there at 10:00 [my appointment time]. I left early enough to plan on arriving 15 minutes early or so. I got to where I thought the place should be and commenced to spend the next 35 minutes driving around looking for it. I stopped and asked 5 different people if they knew where it was at. Several blank stares, one that didn’t speak English and one that said I think it is over by NAPA auto parts (it wasn’t). I had spoken to neighbor by that point and told him to go ahead and do what he needed to do and I’ll keep looking. Another couple of people who had no idea what I was talking about and neighbor shows up again and pulls into the spot where I am sitting. While I had got out of the car to talk to neighbor, the mechanic called ( I had called him no less than 10 times)…… I called him back and turns out I was only a couple hundred yards from him. Car finally dropped off. Young kid, clean cut, decent manners. I was hopeful. Back at the house, made me a nice big breakfast and was just settling in when mechanic calls and says car is ready. “BOOM” – mind blown~! I asked a couple of questions and he answered them intelligently. Turns out neighbor had to go back down near where the car was, so I copped another ride. Asked the mechanic a few more questions and again, more intelligent answers -and- he only charged me 30 bucks~!. I still have my doubts, but only time will tell. I have also scheduled my truck in there for Wednesday, so if my Bride’s car is not fixed…. he has some es-plainin’ to do. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Finally heard from my Bride after her Doctor’s appointment. Sadly, the news is not as good as I was hoping for and it looks like she will stay in the states for follow up until at least the end of January. It absolutely kills me to be away from her for so long, but she is surrounded by love and will be getting the quality care she needs. For that I am eternally grateful, so I can deal with it. Please keep her in your good thoughts and prayers.

Was supposed to have a small boat tomorrow, but it got cancelled as I was typing this…. Dammit Emmit. Now not sure what tomorrow brings………. crap~!

Good Night Y’all . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 221 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *