Worst best day in a LOOOOOONG time……..

Just before I went to bed last night – I checked everything that needed checked with my camera system…. that’s 20 different batteries to make sure they were all charged. I carefully sat and polished and buffed all the surfaces I thought would give me premium results…. everything was in place for a long day of diving and working perfectly. Rolled out about 5:30 and eased into my daily routine. I hooked up my camera for a bump charge [SOP] — but instead of the usual 10 minute charge….. it kept charging – way up past an hour. After making my breakfast – I pulled the camera off charge and tried using it…… the issue that had mysteriously developed over night is much to complicated to describe here – but let’s suffice to say – I spent the next two hours trying to get my camera to work….. jeez what a cluster****.  I did my best not to panic and ‘make do’ with the capabilities that I had at the time. The situation only got worse as the day progressed….. I was talking to consultants on the pone, as well as texts trying to  get myself out of this bind……………. It just did not manifest though….. by my second dive – I admitted defeat and didn’t even bring my camera with me. Because I left in a ‘flux’ that morning – turns out I left my GoPro laying on the table…. along with my diving computer~!!! It would be really hard for the day to get much worse……. I thought. As it turns out – I wound up kicking sharks away from me with my fins on both dives………. @#$%^&*()_     DAMMIT EMMITT~!!!! What are ya gonna do though. I had lamented my tale to a couple of the ‘regulars’ on the dive boat and had already resigned my self to the fact I was going to have to buy a new camera once I picked up Shawn & Cynthia from the air port. While I was waiting for time to leave – one of the guys from the shop pulled up outside the house, I went out to meet him and he got got out of his jeep – walked up and handed me a box and said it was from the ‘guys‘ on the staff……. it was a brand new camera [identical to the one I had so it fits my housing]. OMG…….. You could have knocked me over with a feather…….. I choked back tears and tried to swallow a lump in my throat that just wouldn’t go down……. I was speechless. I finally choked out a feeble thank you. He drank a beer and chatted a couple of minutes before heading out – while I continued to try and gather myself. It’s very rare someone “gets” me like that — but this group done it……. I still don’t have the words……… So even though there are no dives scheduled until at least Friday (slow season) – I’ll be ready when the need arises – and still will be available to provide you all with tons of pictures. What do you do for a situation like that ???

Good Night Ya’ll : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 285 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *