Buck Island…diving and a day off~~

Last I talked….. I had finished up a really long day and was too pooped to pop….  the next day the Staff was invited out to spend the bulk of the day at Buck Island…. a beautiful little island about 1/2 mile off of the coast of St. Croix….. it arguably has one of the prettiest beaches around. Even though we had to sit through one minor rain squall – the day overall was a wonderfully relaxing success. There was lots of good fun, lots of alcohol and an even better group of folks to spend the day with. The cherry on top of that day was my Queen came along and enjoyed herself as well……… what a wonderful day. By the time we got ack, got the boat unloaded and all the way back to our end of the island….. we were done. I had pictures to edit and get put up, even though it was a “staff day off” as ‘the photographer – I still had to put in a little “work”. Since it was a private event – I made it a private gallery and didn’t share very many pictures on FB. I will put some of them up here – for your viewing enjoyment and so you can see what I mean about the beauty of that place.

The next day was a bona fide work day…. a really small boat – so not a lot of ‘work’ involved…… and one of the dives turned out to be very sharky…… I got me lots of new shark shots….. some I am sure you have seen by now. The dive site is now officially my second favorite site……. Sea Mount…… such a neat place….. this little ‘spire’ juts up out of the ocean floor and is about 100′ tall. It hold so much life…. it’s crazy…. and the growth on it is mind bending…. sponges, corals – it is amazing~! PLUS- it usually always has several friend sharks~!!! The second site we did even coughed up a couple of playful sharks – but not near as cooperative as the first group. Did have one really nice Hawksbill turtle cruise through that didn’t mind me taking pictures of him……….

Today – again, unexpectedly…. was a day off for me….. and I took full advantage of it….. other than a little computer work – I did a whole bunch of nothing in particular……. My Bride worked a half a day at Blues. Even she got away early – we sat and had drinks and just the quiet and each others company. Somewhere around 5:00-ish….. the next door neighbors rolled up and Andrea came over and had a drink with us and we chatted a bit. She has since headed back and here I am now trying to catch up with you all. Crazy, fun, busy days…… not exactly what most people think of when you say retired…… but hey- it is working great for us. Stephanie and family come in next week and we are ramping up for that~! We can’t hardly wait~!!!!!

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!

P9200172  <—- Video (sharks?)


Total Page Visits: 265 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *