A glorious day off~!

Had an actual honest to goodness full day off today in almost 2 weeks….. wow – been a fun, action packed almost 2 weeks but I was absolutely ready for today~! I slept in just a teeny tiny bit, even though my Bride rolled out 30-45 minutes before me….. Still dealing with belly issues (and yes – I’m still trying to find out what that issue is) which made me get up….  Other than several fairly loud rain  downpours, we enjoyed a quiet, calm, peaceful morning catching up on news and other noteworthy events. My Bride made us a tasty breakfast and we ate it while watching Parking Wars….. we’ve seen most of them – but still enjoy watching people make complete a$$es out of themselves when there is a camera involved.

I did a dive/shoot for “Junior Dive” day yesterday for the shop. Not a huge turnout – but the ones that were there had a pretty good time – at least that’s what the smile on their faces told me.  The little beggars put me through my paces chasing them all over the Sea floor – and after having done 2 dives that morning – it was about all that I wanted. Sadly, right at the end of the last dive that I made the previous day – I had [another] strobe “die” on me….. Dammit Emmit~! Exact same issue I had the last time – only the trip back to the dive shop that sold it to me  did not turn out to be as productive, so now I am shooting pictures with just one strobe….. DAMMIT Emmit~! One of the Dive Masters requested a group shot of the ‘kids’ and you talk about really need a second strobe for that !! Sadly – I had to make do with what I had. I got a decent shot – but it could have been MUCH better with the right equipment. I set about to rectify that situation today! I spent the better part of the day researching lights, trays, strobes and everything needed to get me back into what I need. It is a whole lot more money than I want to spend – but my entire current system (including camera and housing) has already “paid for itself”….. so I feel confident that I can make this new system eventually pay for itself again…… plus I should be able to get at least ½ of my original investment back by selling my first light system to someone who won’t put it through what I have………. Sadly, the place that has the system that I’m looking at next was closed today [Sunday]….. so I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get me something to work with~!

Diving tomorrow and Tuesday…. doing some more ATV stuff Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and diving Thursday….. another busy week for the old fat retired guy…… I love it~!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!!



Total Page Visits: 363 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *