And the week takes off…….

Dozing comfortably around 05:50 this morning – I made myself roll out of our nice comfortable bed in our chilly bedroom…….. Time for me to get my day started…. and aside from the belly issues I am [still] dealing with…. I had to get my camera put back together. It had a been a day or two since I messed with it – and I needed it ready for my day today. I got up and moving – got necessary batteries on charge and started putting my camera kit together…… It sounds kind of funny to say, but once you have seen what I do to get this menagerie put together – you would understand. Camera ready, gear loaded, beer cooler put together (most important, but always the last to be prepared………. I had me a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit and a small glass of milk before hustling on the door to my ‘job’. Turns out, the boat today was full….. really full….. which included a handful of youngsters diving with their parents…… I was asked to help keep an eye on the collective crowd, even though there were three trained Dive Masters on the load. As it turns out – I got to ‘earn my keep’ as I did a power dive to 92′ [from 60′] to keep one little dude from getting himself in a whole peck of trouble. The rest of the dive was fairly uneventful and I got several shark shots as well as a couple of nice turtle shots. The second dive was even less non eventful and before you know it – we were back in the marina unloading what seemed like a 100 empty tanks……. surely it can’t have anything to do with me aging slightly…….

Finally back at the house, my bride ran and got us a Subway sammich [I had a hankering]….. belly full of sammich and a couple of Macadamia cookies….. and here I be. I have all my pictures edited and put up for the dive shop……. I have had probably 2 more drinks than I need and cannot wait to get into the shower to knock the salt off of me from the dives…… Fast forward an hour…… I just got off the phone with a young man in California who just sold me a brand spanking new lighting system for my camera. We had a respectable conversation about lights and my needs and I am 99.99% sure I have what I need ordered and soon on the way. Now I need to work on potential customers to buy my old light system…… some one who won’t put it through the abuse I did…….

For now… belly is full, I’m happy I know I have decent gear on the way…… a shower and a couple or 6 hours of decent sleep and I will be ready for another day on the Sea tomorrow……. can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings~!

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

P6140145 <— Video


Total Page Visits: 294 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *