A trip[s] to Home Depot……………

Tried to sleep in after a ragged nights sleep, even my Bride said she had a tough night….. Hmmm….. I can attribute mine to a dozen different things….. hers – I’m not so sure of. Anywho – got up and got the day started….. gorgeous day…. blue skies, 78° or so and a breeze to die for….. I enjoy saying that more so this time of year – especially when I know most of you are up to your ‘nads‘ in snow and dealing with some frightfully cold weather…… LOL….. Sorry~ not sorry, as my damn neighbor likes to say.  😉

I decided, much against my instinct – I was going to go to Home Depot and pick up a part for my weed eater that I needed. Under normal conditions…. I love going to Home Depot, Lowes, Bass Pro – any kind of store like that…… but as regular readers know – – I would rather have my tongue branded than go to the Home Depot on this island. Jeezus H Christ I hate going to that friggin store~! Absolutely the worst customer service on the planet~! Today was not a let down…. after a nice breakfast…. I donned my “traveling” clothes and headed that way….. taking the “4 lane” (using that term loosely) takes me about 20 minutes….. First trip turned out to be exactly what I was expecting….. fruitless and exasperating….. and that is being kind……. Second trip, armed with information from the World Wide Web….. I returned….. on a mission as it were.

Folks – let me tell you…. it wasn’t pretty. I finally wound up involving an [Assistent] Manager and about 7 other employees, which included several phone calls to folks not in the store and about an hour – but I finally laid my greedy little paws on- not one – but two of the item I was after. This was especially delightful because I got to show one snot nosed little employee who was pis mad, that I took her away from her phone… she was wrong……wrong….WRONG. Wrong I tell you….. MuuuuWaaahAAaaaaaaa……. shame on me….. I shouldn’t have been like that but the little snot pis…. made me mad~! I gathered up my hard earned items and headed back to the house.

My Queen, mildly relieved she did not have to fetch me from the jail or hospital, made us drinks (and later a mighty fine dinner of smashed taters, meatloaf and corn on the cob) and happy all’s well that ends well. I obviously did not get to dive today – because the boat is not going out again until Thursday (yes, I am already scheduled on it) – so tomorrow being my day to be the official underwater photog for the Pier clean up — guess I’ll be making the big 300 doing that….. but – [wait for it] —- it’s all good………….  😉

So – big day tomorrow [for me]…… old pictures for you (tonight) and…….

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 384 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *