Cleaning the place up…………….

Up a smidge earlier than I wanted as I waited for my Queen to finish her bathroom stuff. I squeezed my legs and hurried around the bed as I made the bed waiting for my turn in the bathroom…… getting older really does present it own uniques set of challenges…. most of them in form of things your body can’t or can no longer do….. Finally – in and out and getting ready for my big day. My Bride made her a small breakfast before heading out for her day at Blues. I didn’t think I was hungry until I smelled hers – so I got up and made me a couple of eggs and heated up the last burger laying in the fridge….. it’s not sausage, but it works for a ‘meat’ for my breakfast. Angie on her way…… I fixed, set up and loaded my gear in the truck and headed for town. I left about 25 minutes early expecting it to take that long to find a place to park……. I wasn’t off by much. I got there, got signed in, got my tank of air, and was soon bobbing in the water just off of the exit point for most of the divers. I took a bunch of standard issue “giant stride” shots and then for the next hour or so – chased people around on the Seafloor, taking pictures of them in action cleaning up the bottom. A bit of a challenge trying to get a picture of 30 different people spread out over about a ½ sq. mile area, but I got pretty durn close [if I didn’t get them all]. The big thing about this particular photo-shoot – is people were pulling up LOTS of items partially or mostly buried in the sand – and as they do – the sand spreads out through the water creating a less than perfect picture taking opportunity. When the light from [especially] flash bulbs or even a bright sun hits those particles….. they will light up a picture and make it generally unusable….. those lit up particles are called Back Scatter – and boy-0-boy is it a pain in the touchas trying to get a picture because of it. It was really good practice and I learned a lot today with my camera……. and even managed to get some pictures I think the event organizer will be happy with.

The day above the water was pretty miserable with rain, overcast clouds and blowing winds. I tried to hang out and socialize a little bit after the dive, but it was just too cold to stay long…… it was probably down around 70° after all~!!!   😉 Back at the house, pictures edited and sent out to organizer….. I will share some of them with you here so you can see what I watched all morning long.

My Bride home from work. I have plied her appropriately [I think] with booze and fed her and she is taking it easy on the couch as I chat with you. 2 Tank boat dive tomorrow~!!! Way overdue – hopefully, some fun pictures for you. Stay safe and warm~!

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 296 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *