Busily retired………….

Hello……. I’m back~! Sorry about the past couple of days….. night before last we were called to work up at Blues taking orders and bar-backing for a big name band they had scheduled for the night. But for apparently lots of reasons I’m sure COVID was a big one) the crowd just never materialized. After a couple of hours waiting, we were taken ‘off of the clock’ – so we hung out and chatted with some dear friends we hadn’t seen in quite a while. We didn’t shut the bar down – but only missed it by about 20 minutes or so. Navigating these roads takes it out of me anymore (especially after dark) and by the time we got back here – I wasn’t in much of a mood to get on here and ramble. The previous trip from Blues was in a monsoon kind of rain and I hit a gravel washout [hidden by water] and the impact was severe enough it cracked my windshield from top to bottom. I was originally afraid I blew the tire off of the rim…… Kind of wish now that happened instead of the windshield~~~ It would be a LOT cheaper to fix. BUT – moving on…. Last night, we were invited to join a group of friends for a ‘Friends-giving‘ dinner. I made up a batch of meatballs and away we went. A lot of friends were there and we had the most enjoyable evening sitting with our friends, drinking, eating and drinking [yes, I know I said it twice]…. a very, very enjoyable evening. Tons of laughter, jokes, hugs, kisses and not a mask in site. Loved it. We finally left….. as it turns out, my truck was apparently designated as the place for full garbage bags and we left with a bed full. After a ‘small’ detour – we finally found our way back to the West end of the island……. crawled into our ‘comfy’ clothes to let all that [wonderful] food settle. It was way to late and I was way too tired to do much of anything other than rub my now swollen belly.

Tried sleeping in this morning…… tried being the operative word….. but ALL that food wanted out…..dammit getting old…… so sleeping in didn’t work. Was tasked with taking the island kids to the airport today…… they are lucky enough to get to spend Thanksgiving with their families this year…… They dropped by the house to drop off keys before I crawled into their car to get them to the airport (a really common practice here on the island) – because the airport will gouge you if you leave your vehicle there at the airport. Not down the road very far before the car started to shake and wobble (more than usual)… I pulled off the road into a parking lot to get out and view a really flat tire. Dammit Emmit~! I Called my Queen to come fetch the kids, while I stayed and changed tires and tended to that mess. Kids delivered to the airport on time, tire patched and back on the car, spare and tools put away and all is right with the world once again……… I hope.

Good Night Ya’ll~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Thankx for stopping in~!

PB120145 —- Video


Total Page Visits: 401 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *