Riding the Waves~~!

Up and out the door by 07:45 this a.m. after a fitful night’s sleep…. something was always ‘itching‘, some of the goofiest dreams I have since I was on Chantix….  and a 03:45 dash to the bathroom made for a less than desirable night’s sleep…. but up and out the door nonetheless. It had been almost an hour since it rained and I was probably a little more excited than I should have been when the sun popped out as I rounded the last curve to the marina to climb aboard the dive boat.

While the sun may have been shining… the wind was blowing and made for some pretty awesome waves for the ride to the first dive site….. the boat was pitching hard enough enough, I opted to leave both cameras where they were and hold on for the ride…… Getting off of the boat in those waves is tricky….. getting back on the boat after the dive in those waves can be down right lethal if you’re not careful……. After handing your fins [and camera] up to the captain… you have to try and get a grip on the ladder that is bucking like a deranged, angry, hungry horse at a rodeo…… miss your grip, or lose your grip – and it is not uncommon to have the ladder do it’s best to bust you right square in the mouth….. vigorously. Not for the faint hearted or new  divers……. Visibility appeared good from the surface, but just as soon as you dropped down – it went to crap……. rapidly~! We had 40′ at best. Something you have to deal with in the sport. The dive was a lot of tricky currents, a lot of kicking and not seeing much to speak of…… but again, a chance you take everytime you go out. The water was actually rough enough – we pulled back into the marina for our surface interval [1 hour wait between dives]. Have never done that before with this or any other dive shop for that matter – but it was kinda cool, as it gave me the opportunity to get off of the boat and smoke a cigarette between dives. As nice as that was – I don’t want it to  become a habit – because it makes for too long in between dives. Back out into the big waves to our second site. It was close by and we were soon under the water again…… visibility was MUCH better – close to 80’ – there were some ‘friendly‘ sharks, a really pretty turtle and [warning Vera] – a beautiful Golden Spotted Moray Eel…… not a snake!

Videos and pictures abound — I left there and met my Queen at Blues for a couple of drinks before motoring back out West. Pictures are edited, I had me a right fine scrumptious chicken pot pie dropped off by Island Daughter Cynthia, even though I don’t think ‘Mom’ is gonna like it because of the pepper…. but I thought it was delicious~! Have since found out – I am now on another dive tomorrow….. on THIS end of the island [8 dives in one week….. WOO-Hoo~!]  – which could POSSIBLY mean ARMAGEDDON~! But not getting too excited…………. yet~!

Good Night Ya’ll  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thankx for stopping in~!

PB120060 <— Video



Total Page Visits: 349 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.