Gray skies and clear blue water

Up much earlier than I wanted this morning…… even to go diving – but yet another ‘benefit‘ of advancing in age….. no more getting up 10 minutes before you have to leave and running out the door. Now it’s getting up 2 hours before you have to leave and running to the bathroom a half dozen times before you feel safe leaving the close proximity of the white porcelain god~~ Nonetheless…. I made myself get up, got my ‘stuff’ done, camera batteries charged, camera put together, cooler equipped with required after diving beer and finally headed out the door.

Even though I was 15 minutes early to the boat….some folks felt the need to get there 30 minutes late, so we were late leaving the dock and even later getting into the water…… but it was SOOO worth the wait.. A couple of HUNDRED feet visibility, hardly any current and LOTS of [friendly] sharks~! By friendly – I mean they came in nice and close for pictures~! Had 4 that I could count at once zipping around us for the first dive, plus justs lots of good stuff to practice lighting on.  Sea was a little rougher than usual – but our hour surface interval was finally over and we got to bail back into the water. Visibility was almost as good, but heavy cloud cover diminished water clarity a little bit….. but again…. tons of gorgeous corals to shoot – even managed a couple of nice stingray shots….. and more sharks~!  All to soon – had to get out of the water (out of air)….. SCUBA diving really sucks if you don’t have enough air…… just sayin’. Back to the dock for a cold beer and a cigarette before ending back West to my Queen. She had to take off shortly after I got here for an appointment with ‘Doc’ – follow up and happy to report a mostly clean bill of health. Course – I don’t think she mentioned to Doc the stuff she should have, but that’s a fight for a different day. Blood work and everything else was good – so we’ll take the small victories where we can get them. I uploaded all my pictures and got editing done before she got back. Island kids dropped off a couple of dinners for us and we launched into them – tonights course, a right tasty Lasagna. Bellies full… here I be writing you and looking forward to my shower.

I have another dive scheduled for tomorrow, so I will get more practice with the camera and hopefully more, better, [closer] shark pictures. My goal is to eventually get a picture of my hand rubbing a shark as it goes by….. probably won’t be anyway soon – but something to ‘shoot’ for…. see what I did there ?  😉 The other goal is a selfie with a Dolphin…… but small steps………

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!

PB090108  <— Video

PB090109  <— Video

Total Page Visits: 419 - Today Page Visits: 2

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *