Just when you least expect it~~~

Shortly after I logged off last night – dude called me back and said he found a ‘mobile’ Notary Public who was still working and she would run out to this end of the island yet that night. So I agreed to meet them in town — she was late in true island fashion, but soon showed up – got the paperwork notarized and was on her way. Dude was amped and asked if he could come get the truck in the morning or next day, as his wife was not going to be available to drop him off. I knew he lived fairly close to us – so I offered to drive the truck up to his house if he would give me a ride back (I knew he was needing the truck for his work) He jumped at it and by 7:00pm had the truck delivered to his house (up a very fugly road) and back here having drinks with my Queen. He later admitted to me, that’s where he test drove the truck…… he wanted to make sure it could make it up the road to his driveway [[fugly~!]]  Anxious to bolster the balance of our checking account – I had Angie do a mobile deposit on the check……. only to find out, that the credit union has a $2500.00 limit on mobile deposits…….. Dammit Emmit~! A problem for the next day……. After a mostly FUBAR’d nights sleep for me….. a tasty breakfast, I settled into working on my ‘bills’ spreadsheet until 10:00, when I could call the bank (09:00 there) It took a couple of calls, but the young ladies there at HFCU put in an extra effort…. even though it took most of the day…. and got me a 1 hour window to mobile deposit our check for the truck…. we did it with 56 minutes to spare. A pretty great team there at HFCU~!

I am still trying to get a refund on the hotel where we were [supposed] to stay for our last visit back….. and I worked on that for a bit (not near the effort from the Fairfield team) – I sat and paid bills for most of July…… so that’s out of the way now — so I am hoping I can start doing a WHOLE lot of fun dives for a while and start ‘playing’ with my new camera and start learning and understanding some of it’s many capabilities.

We both are working in the morning for Gecko’s ATV tours – so the owners can spend that the early part of the day with a couple of their visiting Daughters that are going back to the states tomorrow. So – fun on the trails tomorrow for me [and naturally will be taking pictures] while my Queen runs the office….. then over the next week…car shopping for my Bride, a doctors appointment for me (BP follow up) and hopefully some fun diving~!

Good Night Ya’ll > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 365 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *