Joy in a job well done…..

I took a little extra time heading into the job site today, because I knew I didn’t have THAT much to do today and last nights sleep just sucked and it took me a little longer to get started. Not sure what the deal is on sleep – I would have thought as worn out as I was, I would have zapped out for the duration. Might have been something in the air, as my Bride didn’t sleep worth a crap either. I don’t think it was lack of A/C as sweating wasn’t an issue for either of us. I would love to understand sleep and the ‘older’ person better….. as I suspicion that has something to do with it. Anyhow, I finally got headed into town to finish up the job from yesterday. I worked steadily until around noon and then called my Queen in to help with getting the place back in order. We stayed at it for about an hour, got the touch up painting done and finally wrapped it up – almost. I have one little spot to hit tomorrow morning, but it will literally take me longer to get the place unlocked and in there, than it will to do the job. Overall, I am very happy with the job. I just hope the person I am doing it for will be as happy. There is a possibility of her wanting some trim strips added, which I am happy to do – I just want her to see it first without the trim and let her decide. Right now, the place is ready to go and I’m glad to be done with it for now so I can start diving again~!!

Back at the house now. Angie is in the mood for pork chops and is busy in the kitchen working on them while I chat with you all. I didn’t take any ‘after’ pictures, so I’ll do that tomorrow. In the meantime….. some more older pictures. I have some running to do tomorrow after finalizing the job and get everything done around here so my slate and conscious is clear for doing some diving~!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 438 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *