Manual labor………. not a fan anymore~~

After another presentable nights sleep (sans A/C) – up with the sun and ready for today. Has to be better than yesterday turned out to be. I wanted to get an early start on my project in town, in case something unexpected come up. LOL…. Turns out I should have went in about Midnight….. I should have known by now, working on any building, especially an older one, on this island…. something is going to come up~! I was not disappointed. Sure am glad I didn’t estimate this job… I would have lost my a$$ on it. I finally had to admit that I was going to wind up killing myself (or risk at least a serious injury) if I  didn’t get some kind of help. I called my Queen, who had already made a run or two to bring me things I needed, that I had forgot. She was happy to come in and help me (I think)  😉  For the next 3-4 hours we worked on getting that ceiling up. Nothing….. let me emphasize NOTHING went like it should have. Nothing is square or plumb, there are no cross members between the rafters…… nothing. I am not exactly sure how the sheet rock is staying up there~! But drawing on years of experience (and getting MUCH longer screws…. my plan started coming together. My bride starting getting the hang of what I needed her to do and before you knew it all the metal was up on the ceiling. Yay~! By now, it was fairly late in the afternoon and I was pooped. I sent Angie on back to the house, put batteries on charge, put the extra metal away and general organizing of my tools – and crawled my happy tired touchas into my truck to join her. Happily back at our little abode, a quick smoke and a drink made and here I be. Making us some hotdogs, because we’re both too tired to fool with any thing else and thoroughly enjoying having my happy tired touchas in a chair~! Best part of the day ? (obviously besides having my bride working with me)  Not once did I think about the mess from yesterday. Never entered my mind until I got back here and saw my email again…….. So – a busy mind does help. I was supposed to dive in the morning, but I have already called the shop and told them I’m out until I get the job finished. Which hopefully is tomorrow. Then I’m gonna dive my brains out~!!  🙂  So for now, some older pictures you may have missed…. don’t want to put up job pictures until it’s done…  and a MUCH needed shower for me.

Good Night Ya’ll # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Thankx for stopping in~!

One lone little Papaya on this tree….



Total Page Visits: 429 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *