Monday, Monday……….

Rolled out this morning after an AMAZING night with baby turtles~!!!  I just have to try and relate a little bit more just how awesome that experience was.  I just replied to a brother about it in the comments on the post. I’m pretty sure, if I laid out a 1000 word blog, I would never adequately express just how friggin’ cool that experience was for me. Now understand (for readers that don’t know me as well some others might.) I have SCUBA dived with sharks, I have stepped out the door at 10,000′ AT NIGHT [multiple times] from an aircraft, I have photographed multiple weddings, gave away 4 different brides at weddings, watched 4 different live births (of human beings) and I am here to tell you – the turtles hatching was in the top 20 coolest things I have ever experienced~!!! It was freakin’ AWESOME~!!!   I actually had goose bumps for a little bit. To watch all them little hummers, fighting for their lives and making that breakneck run to the Sea — was just freakin’ AWESOME~! Then when I got to ‘rescue’ a couple of them and help them into the water…… awesome, awesome, awesome~!!! With an almost full moon, the sand almost glowing in the moonlight, listening to the surf pounding into the beach, watching that little “river” of them little guys going for all they were worth, heading for the sea……. I just cannot tell you what it did for/to me…… seriously – those couple of minutes are absolutely burned into my brain and I love it~! And to think there is a possibility of seeing that another 40+ times~!!! I count my self as damn lucky to have got to experience that….. as I said, the whole thing lasted 8 minutes – TOPS~! How lucky we were to be out there at that exact moment. Yes – we could set up chairs and sit there and scan the possible areas – but to me, it makes it a lot more special, that we don’t. That something puts us out there at the exact perfect moment. Whether you want to call it God, faith, just plain old luck….. whatever…… just plain ole amazing…… and the best part of it is……. is we have the chance for it to happen…. over and over and over again….. until at least the middle of December [so far].

Okay….. I’ll give it a rest (but it really was freakin’ awesome~!) My day started out like usual until an early morning ‘ping’ asked if I’d be interested in helping out at a job site ‘moving heavy things’. I had offered that particular service to a friend and this morning, he took me up on it. I showed up at the job site and was immediately put to work moving heavy things. Specifically, small boxes of a specific type of aggregate, each weighing about 45-50 pounds. A couple of young lady’s there, jumped in and helped and moved every bit as many boxes as I did – -125 in total. These were picked up off of pallets, loaded into the backs of pickups, driven across the island and unloaded on to pallets again in a storage container. The second half of the day was a tad more challenging…… as it turned out, I wound up picking up and loading another 4 pickup loads….. and subsequently unloading/loading into the container…. 1.5metric tons of a blue powder used in a flooring application — all in the form of 96 Lb. bags……… all of that on about a dozen bottles of water (and 1 bottle of Rehydrate) and a Payday bar….. by the time I got home…. I was done….. tired….. sore……and blue (color of the powder). Now that I have had a [much needed] shower….. a bite to eat (compliments of the fine folks at Blues Backyard BBQ and a wife that ran up to get it while I showered) and 3 Anacin’s….. I’m better….. really tired but better….. ought to be interesting to see what I feel like in the morning. I think I’m going to amend my offer to ‘friend’ to offer to help move semi-moderately heavy things~~~~~  😉

Good night Ya’ll ——- Thankx for stopping in~!

These used to cost me $ 8.00 in the states……. 🙁 

Looking West at Sun RISE this morning~~

My view from where I was working today~

‘Work’ me….

Getting my Pappa Smurf on  😉

Me and My Queen~~ <3 

Total Page Visits: 628 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *