Last long day……

Rolled out of bed not quite so easily this morning…. but I think part of it was due to a less than desirable nights sleep. Muscles were sore and fingers hurt a little bit – but nothing that I considered out of the expected. My bride followed me as she was helping out again. Today was the last day Blues is closed for renovations and we had a full plate of things to do when we got there. I put lattice back on a couple of gates Angie painted, I installed the light for the flag pole and then started painting. Scraping, wiping and painting….. and I did it for the rest of the day, along with Angie, Deb and Jim. There was a new a stove installed in the kitchen, there was power washing and painting…. and painting… and some more painting. If it stood still for very long – it got painted~!  I couldn’t hardly light my lighter because of cramps in my fore arms. It really weirds me out a little bit how fast you lose muscle tone or whatever it is called when you don’t use those muscles for a while. I mean seriously — I did that kind of work for most of my life, I would have thought I would retain at least some of them…… I heard or read somewhere, that getting older ain’t for the weak – boy that ain’t no fluff~! Kinda like bad weather I guess…. ain’t a friggin’ thing you can do about it (getting older) and yes Daughters and Sisters – I could work out and exercise, but seriously….. who are we kidding  😉

That’s about it — we get to go back to sleeping in – Yay~! I will probably wind up at Blues for a couple of hours each day though to try and get the fence finished up and what ever odds and ends need done – but when I’m working up there on ‘open’ days, I usually try and quit by the time they open for business (11:00), so they’ll be shorter easier days. Some more pictures of the goings on…. and maybe some beach pictures depending on how many ‘work’ pictures I have.

Good night Ya’ll —– Thankx for stopping in~!








Total Page Visits: 627 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *