Day 2 ….. manual laboring~

Woke up this morning to the beckoning of my alarm….. sure don’t miss that~! Rolled out of bed with a lot less effort and pain that I was anticipating…….. washed my face, brushed teeth and combed my few remaining hairs and stumbled out onto the patio to greet another sunrise. We had overcast skies and it was drizzling a bit, so didn’t have one of those wow sunrises. Still pretty to look at over that gorgeous water though~~ My Queen joined me (she was helping out at Blues today as well) — we both spent the next hour or so, waking up, drinking coffee and getting a bite to eat. (I learned my lesson yesterday)  😉 before heading out the door to Blues.

Before I go into the day – let me preface this with: All my Daughters, Sisters and Nephews….. Thank you for your concern for me and my welfare. I want you ALL to know – I have no intention of dying of heat stroke or heart attack from my efforts at manual laboring. I have worked 1000’s of hours in heat and humidity far greater than here, and while I was younger and arguably in better shape then – I learned how to recognize all heat related issues. Jim will vouch for me, that I did not hesitate to set my happy a$$ down in the shade and drink a bottle of water, catch my breath and cool off whenever I felt the need to. So while your concern is appreciated – you need not worry….. I’m older, not stupider.. I think.. hell I don’t know – but worry not. ( I also kept a close eye on my Queen to make sure she did not over do it today either~!)

Thankfully, did not get recruited to help with the concrete, so I was left to work on the fence. Lots of small issues, but for the most part – have it 3/4 done now — and NO MORE post holes to dig~!!!! I stopped working on the fence around 13:30 (that’s 1:30 pm for all you civilians out there) I waited until the very large concrete truck left before I started on the flag pole – so once I had my stuff put up from the fence – I worked on the flag pole. While I was tickled to death the flag pole place shipped it to me with free shipping, I was more than dismayed to find out there were parts missing, wrong parts and damaged parts. I improvised enough to get the flag pole up (wanted it up for the big shin dig this weekend) but will be much happier when replacement parts get here so I can ‘complete’ it. Didn’t think to take a picture of it –duh — or my fence project –duh– so I’ll get some tomorrow. My Queen managed to snap some photo’s of the work going on, so those of you that are lucky enough to have visited our little home away from home, will be able to see some of the improvements being made. It was quite the busy day. We had a couple of drinks (I had beer Alex) 😉 with Jim and Debbie before we loaded up and came home. (and no additional injuries today~!!)

I finally heard from the title company [for our house sale] so I had some phone calls to make and some paperwork to do for that. With that out of the way, we have had our showers and relaxing. Got to get rested for one more day of ‘work’. Looks like tomorrow will be mostly painting.

Good night Ya’ll —– Thankx for stopping in~!

This things tail was 4′ long if it was an inch~!

Jim hard at it~!

See….. taking a break~!!!!

Rapping with Eddy~!

“Island” contractor…. 😉



Total Page Visits: 640 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *