Hair do’s, fence lines and pizza…….

Up a lot earlier than I wanted this morning, sadly of my own doing…. My Queen had an early morning hair appointment. Got her dropped off for her hair thing and I took off to pick up the 100# propane tank that I bought yesterday at Home Depot. Ya’ll don’t know what you’re missing dealing with ‘local’s’ working at a big retail place….. yesterday looking for the tank – I ask four different people if they had the big propane tanks….. I got varying degrees of NO from the first 3 people I spoke with – fourth one said yes – but they were buried in the back and would take 2-3 hours to get them dug out. So I paid for it and told them I’d be back in the morning to pick it up…… only to get there this morning to be told they had no idea what I was talking about – even though they were holding the receipt I gave them showing it paid in full…… lord have mercy~~ They finally ‘found’ it and told me to  drive down to the lumber area and they would load it for me. I waited outside the lumber area for almost 30 minutes before they showed up with it….. I could have got snotty about it – but have found out, it really doesn’t do any good. Island time~!!! Finally in the truck and delivered back across island where it was going, just in time to go pick up my bride. She took me to Blues and dropped me off and left to go get her nails done while I went to work finishing up the fence line. I finally got it to where I was happy with it and sat down to have a beer while I waited for Angie to come back. Here is before and after shots:



After sitting and drinking entirely too much we loaded up and came back to the condo, where I promptly sat down and fell sound asleep. After a refreshing nap I got up and took a shower. Original plan was to go back up to Blues to listen to the band, but my Queen took pity on me when she saw how relaxed I was and we opted to stay in for the evening. Feeling real good about what all I got done today, I decided to treat myself to a pizza. Called Domino’s and they said they had a delivery person today (it’s iffy most of the time) so I ordered a pizza and some breadsticks. Now understand, Domino’s is less than 10 minutes from us and after 6 phone calls and 1 hour and 15 minutes later…. I finally got my pizza….. guess next time I’ll just go get the damn thing myself…….Island time…… not always a good thing.

Got a big day tomorrow. Attending a reef restoration seminar followed up by a dive to see some of their work – and then I think we’re gonna be helping the Blues crew at a wings competition up town that afternoon. Hopefully I’ll be able to snag some pictures at both~!

Good night ya’ll — Thankx for stopping in~!




Total Page Visits: 596 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *