Way to busy….

The day started out decent enough even though it didn’t particularly end up that way. A bite to  eat- truck loaded– another mad dash to the bathroom….. finally out the door. Bigger crowd today, 8 guests including one student. The good thing is I knew and dove with all of them at least a time or two, so not a lot of pressure to get everyone’s photo’s. The ones that wanted pictures seeked me out, which always makes it a lot easier. We dove one of my favorite places. It’s called Sea Mount. It’s a deep dive, so it doesn’t last very long, but tons of photo’s ops and it usually holds a couple of big sharks….. up near 8′ in length. Just arrived to the site and was settling in to get shots of the student when the Dive Master got my attention and pointed off to the distance. I knew it had to be good from the way he was gesturing, so I took off. Big mistake……! Rookie mistake~! Oh- what he was pointing at was worth the attention…… but it was deep and moving fast. Did I say it was deep ?? I meant deep~! I put in a solid 2-3 minute kick going after this gorgeous Eagle Ray….. at 133‘ deep. That 2-3 minute kick on the surface or shallow water will wear my tired old fat butt out…… at 130’…. I used up about ¼th of my air…… so by the time I got back to the pinnacle….. I had to head back to the boat. Dammit Emmit~! I didn’t get any keep-able pictures of it, but I did manage video of it…. so I have ‘proof’. Second dive wasn’t as pretty, but had lots and lots of sharks. A couple of dead lion fish kept the sharks in close and engaged. So, so much fun~! A slightly smaller boat tomorrow, but once again, I know must of the divers, so both dives should be fun and relaxed.

I was gonna go into the way my day went when I got back here to the house (to warrant todays title), but it gave me a nasty headache and it’s just about gone now, so I don’t want to rehash it right now…… Thank you for the input on the questions yesterday. I don’t have enough ‘space‘ left in todays ramblings to get into part II of the questions, so I’ll save it for another day when I need something to write about.

Good Night Y’all + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 205 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *