Dual function……..

Up this morning and had the place to myself a little bit as my Queen slept in for a change. Had my breakfast, cameras all put together and batteries all loaded before she finally joined me. Because of some fairly stout winds, the boat remained out on our end of the island today. Because of some fairly newer divers on the boat today, we opted out of the deeper dives and stayed relatively shallow for both dives. Fun dives and fairly decent divers. I pulled double duty on the boat today, acting as the second Dive Master and the photographer. Again, less than stellar visibility made keeping an eye on our group a challenge, especially since we had a couple that liked to lay way back from the group. Even when you try to keep them moving, they meander along at their pace and only pick it up when they start running low on air……. luckily, I know where we’re at {most of the time} and can get them quickly back to the boat. Not too much of an issue today, but it did contribute to a lot less pictures being taken. First dive, I missed most of my picture taking opportunity as me and the other Dive Master worked for several long minutes to free a small Slipper Lobster that was snarled in a discarded fishing net. By the time I got him free, I was low enough on air, I needed to head up for my¬† safety stop. The other Dive Master, finished freeing him and I got to watch him come back to life and finally scurry away. A pretty good feeling~!

Second dive was a little less uneventful, but we had several turtles. We found an eel and a small Nurse shark, but both were tucked away far enough back in their cubby holes, I could not get any decent pictures of them. I did make up on my human picture taking though and I think our guests will be happy with what they see. I made a couple of sales on my web site and also got a couple of Venmo type tips, and with that, my faith in people is slowly being restored. I just got all the stuff in I need to set up more stuff in the local stores, so my first day off will be prepping all that and getting it taken to the stores. Hopefully that pans out and generates some residual extra cash. The boat was moved out to the North shore for tomorrows dives, so it will be interesting to see what that water looks like now after a couple days of hard winds……. for now, gonna get the rest of my batteries on charge and head for the couch. Trying to find a new series to watch when we don’t have time for a movie……..

Good Night Y’all – – – – – – – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

GX010291 <—- Swimming Turtle Video



Total Page Visits: 357 - Today Page Visits: 2

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *