Rainy days and Mondays……..

They don’t always get me down, but they sure can FUBAR a guys plans for getting yard work done. As a rule, rainy days have always been a favorite of mine because as a kid, it usually meant getting out of work. Now any of you that know me, pretty much have to admit, I’m not afraid of work, never have been, probably never will be….. but as a young teenage boy I always enjoyed any ‘free’ day I got. It meant running in the woods, going fishing or just doing nothing and after I got my license…… it meant just ‘bombing around’. So, I think that’s where my fondness of rainy days came from and has stuck with me to this very day. Even when I was supposed to do yard work. I woke up a little after 02:00 this morning listening to distant thunder and drifted off in and out of sleep for the next couple of hours listening to the rain and the thunder. When I finally got up to get my Queen off to work….. the ground was saturated and it continued to rain periodically. My Queen fed and gone….. I made me my big ole breakfast and sat and watched it continue to rain. I did get some odds and ends done and had just engaged the boys from the Geek Squad when my Queen came rolling up. My computer has been dragging this past week and I figured I was about due for a good tune up and the fine folks at Geek Squad do a really good job doing that. As I sat and chatted with my Bride…… I finally decided I just couldn’t take the way the strip of grass across the alley looked like and told her I was gonna go and mow at least that strip. It had quit raining, so I went out, raised the mower up a little bit and had at it. I finished that strip and still wasn’t raining (the radar was full) so I lowered the mower back to yard height and commenced on the yard. I was 10 minutes from finishing when it started raining again. I persevered and finished the yard. I was already wet from sweat and the mower was doing good in deep really wet grass, so what the heck…… on the island, sometimes you just gotta do what needs done, in the rain. So I loaded everything up…. went into town and knocked out the ATV yard and came back and finished weed eating around the house.  A very hot, sweaty, wet three hours later and I was done. Not exactly the sharpest crispest looking mow job I have ever done – but it ought to do for the next 4-5 days…… and I’ll be able to chill ALL day on my only day off this weekend. I’m overdue to spend some movie time with my Bride. Cruise ship in tomorrow and lots of newbie divers….. gonna be a fast paced action packed day.

Good Night Y’all + + + + + + + + + + + + +  Thankx for stopping in~!

Vera— last 2 pictures are of an eel….. but he looks cute in these pictures  😉

GX010226 <—- Fish Video


Total Page Visits: 184 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *