Long days…. .

Well hells bells……. Dad said that a lot, but I was never quite sure what it meant. Kinda what I’m feeling at the moment though. Yesterday turned into a long day for me…… a really long, tiring day. I went into the shop for what I thought was going to be one very trying, very exasperating, very tiring dive, chasing around 12 DSD’s. It turned out 2 of the folks talked them selves out of it before they even got to the shop (guess I’ll probably understand how or why people do that)…. but only 10 showed up….. still a challenge at best as far as getting that many people trained, in the water, in control and keeping them all safe and still managing to get decent pictures of all of them. There were 3 Dive Masters in the water with them and me. I managed to wrangle a couple that were trying very hard not to panic. I did manage to also get everybody at least one really nice picture of themselves. You are just going to have to trust me when I tell you that is a lot harder than it sounds…….. While waiting for the cruise ship divers to show up, I wound up chatting with the boss and in her cute, unique kind of way, decided that I needed to be on the afternoon because of the big group that was gonna be on it. A group of 9 people plus we had 6 other scheduled divers, plus 2 Dive Masters and me…….17 people in the water.  LOT of people in the water in one place, off of one boat. The big group turned out to be a lot more of a challenge that anticipated….a lot more. During the course of the day….. I wrestled the boats anchor, trying to get it to hold and “chased” 25 different people to get pictures. I had my masked kicked almost completely off of my face, had my regulator kicked out of my mouth and was bumped into so many times I lost count….. I finally got back to the house around 5:00…… I slammed down an icy cold Budweiser, and had a couple of drinks with my Bride before going to stand in the nice cool shower for a couple of minutes…… I didn’t get done editing pictures until almost 10:00pm….. and that includes eating a sammich [while editing] that my Queen had picked up at Subway for me……… She was already in bed by the time I finished my pictures…… so when I finished what ‘had’ to be done….. I shut everything down and stumbled into our nice cool bedroom and collapsed. So I think yesterday definitely qualified for a long day. Not sure what the deal is…… I don’t remember those kind of days taking that kind of ‘toll’ on me. Surely it can’t be because I’m getting older……..  😉

Good Night Y’all * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 285 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *