Enjoying the weekend~~

Enjoying the weekend……. kinda sounds like I work for a living huh? Nice to know I don’t have to anymore. Retirement has actually turned out to be soooo much better than what I thought it would be. Of course, a big part of that I guess is I had no idea what to expect…… guess I had it stuck in my brain, I wasn’t going to get to see much of retirement….. but hey– look at me here ‘killin‘ ‘ it~!  Broke down and fired up the A/C last night…… jeeez that felt good to lay in there sucking up all that conditioned air~! PLUS— you don’t hear the barking dogs, horny Peacocks, falling Mango’s or grazing horses if they are out and about. I woke up a little before 05:00 painfully aware of the fact that I had to whizz…… wanting to sleep in…. I went ahead and got up, did my stuff and went.back.to.bed. I was so proud of myself…… and actually stayed there until a little before 08:00…… a lot of that was because my Queen kinda prompted some of it….. but it sure was nice to lay in that dark, cool room and just kinda snooze…….. that’s what I’m talkin’ about. We were sitting enjoying out coffee when a jeep I recognized pulled up. It was Stephanie’s friends (Chris & Elizabeth) They were dropping off some supplies they didn’t use and wanted to thank us once again for helping them out and showing them around the island. A nice young couple. We wished them safe travels and they were gone. We had a small breakfast. I wanted to try and stick to the list I had made yesterday…. so almost as soon as we were done eating….. I got up and waddled my big ole fat touchas outside, dragging my little ole shop vac and some paper towels with me. For the next hour or so, I worked on the little red Suzuki. Was definitely in need of some TLC. It’s nowhere near show room condition, but looks a hellva lot nicer than it did and the owner should be able to tell a difference. I did a light check on it….. it needs a right head light, a front left turn signal and a left brake light. If we had a place here- I would happily go have those items repaired as a thank you for letting me use the vehicle, but sadly here on this island, that is probably a 2 or 3 day event. We’ll see.

Finished that up and came in and put away the Windex, the Pledge, theWD-40, the shop vac and the paper towels. I sat and cooled off (it’s getting toasty here) before donning a T-shirt and headed into town. I swang out past the dump first and dropped off a bag of gar~bãge before stopping in at Mitch’s (neighbor who owns a dive shop and is a GoPro dealer). Yeppers….. after a frustrating wait….. (I’m getting better) I finally left with a pretty little GoPro 10 and a couple of accessories. Kind of ‘irked‘ me a little bit, in that, before I could do a friggin’ thing with the camera— I had to go online and install updates. Now ain’t that a kick in the shins ?? I digress…… Updates completed….. batteries are charging. I should be able to just drop it right on to the bracket for my old camera (which I am still trying to resuscitate) and then spend a couple of minutes learning how to use it. Should be fairly self explanatory. Well, would you look at that….. here I was gonna get on here and tell you I ain’t got a heckva lot to talk about and I’m already over 600 words……. what a motor mouth~~

Good Night Y’all >> > > > > > > > > > > > Thankx for stopping in~!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Cutie Pa-tootie~!!

GOPR0001  <—-Bridled Burrfish video- check it out-he’s a cute little beggar~

Birthday girl

My bride, Chris and Elizabeth

Miss Cynthia

What I wound up making myself for dinner last night

I’m such wild child~~ Rebel as it were……

So– I did this………….

Total Page Visits: 372 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *