Quite the day……

Up WAAAAAY earlier than I wanted to be on a morning where I could have slept in and really, really, really, really wanted to. I got brave last night and had a couple of mixed drinks. I didn’t get get out of hand…. I think I had 4 drinks….. at the most. Turns out that was a really bad idea. The belly pains that I haven’t missed in months….. came back with a vengeance this morning and had me up and doing the morning sprints that I had come to hate. I got an ugly reminder this morning just how bad I do not miss that. So- I was up entirely too friggin early and between worn out from sprints…. my chest feeling like someone trying to push a finger through my breast bone and tired….. I finally weenied out and went in and laid down for a bit I didn’t really nap…… just kind of in and out of napping, but I got some rest and got up after 45 minutes feeling a lot better than I did when I laid down. Friends from the states were scheduled for their ATV ride at noon- so I got dressed and headed out the door. My Bride, watching it sprinkle and looking like it was going to pour, opted to sit this one out.

Got into town and loaded up on the ATV’s and away we went. A nice quiet relaxed ride. Our visitors did a good job riding, so we got to relax a little bit more than usual and enjoy the ride as well. Got them up through the mountain tops and rain forest and back safely. Island Kids wanted to get together for dinner— so I ran past the house to rinse the dust off of me (never did rain on us) and away we went. A nice long relaxed early dinner. I tried out their pulled pork sammich. Not bad, but I wouldn’t write home to Mom about it. The company is what made the meal so enjoyable. Everybody’d bellies full we all headed our separate ways. I ran out to center island to the staff house. One of the Instructors has a second car and offered it to me if I needed it. “It’s not much to look at, but it runs good” is how he described it. I got a call during dinner that my truck needs a new fuel pump and that by the time they order it and get it here from the states…. it will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week before they get it. AAhhh Island Life…….. So I took up the guy’s offer on his vehicle. Wooey….. he wasn’t kidding, but I’m not complaining….. beats the hell out of being stuck at the house…. and now I get to dive~!!! He didn’t mention it was a standard shift. Guess he figured an old fart my age is gonna know how to drive a stick. I got home and showed it some love. I put a quart of oil in it. Filled the coolant container and the wiper fluid container and I put the front license plate back on. Good to go~! Diving tomorrow~!

Good Night Y’all > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 300 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *