Back in the Sea

After going to bed plenty early last night in anticipation of getting up to go diving…….and getting a mostly pitiful night’s sleep, I was rudely awakened by the alarm that I had set. That was the first time in recent memory that I was not awake well before the alarm went off. Regardless.. I got up, did my bath room stuff and sat down at the table, still mostly in a fog. Somewhere along the line, I remembered to put all my batteries on charge so they were all ready. I reloaded everything, hauled it out to the truck and then sat back down at table to catch up on the events of the previous day. I had absolutely no appetite what’s so ever, but forced an egg, sausage & cheese biscuit into me. I was just about to head out the door when my bride came out. Actually, I think I woke her up when I had to ‘sneak’ back into the bedroom to look for my trunks. That should give you an idea how out of sorts I am…… my trunks and rash guards normally just stay in then bathroom because they never completely ever dry out. Anyhow— guess I need to work on my ‘sneaking’~ I made it to the boat, did remember how to set my gear up…. prepped my camera and away we went. Thankfully, a fairly small group today. When I first hit the water, I thought maybe I made a mistake going diving. I just kind of suspended there under the water like I had been stunned. Thankfully, I snapped out of it fairly quickly and my brain re-engaged. From there on out, the rest of the day went pretty much without any spacing out or issues. I got a lot of really great pictures (and even made a decent amount in photo tip money~!)

Back at the house, pictures edited and posted my Queen indicated she would like a couple of Taco’s if I was up for it. I am always up for when she wants to go out. Honestly, I had zero appetite, but knew I would need something before bed, so I had a burger and a couple of fires, washed down by a decently cold Budweiser. Now back here, watching the sun set. I was under the impression most of the day that there would be no diving for me tomorrow because there wasn’t going to be enough room on the boat. The Dive Master today changed all that saying there is always room on the boat for me…… [[aweee]]……. and now– as it turns out, I’m not only diving tomorrow, but will be on both boats…… so 4 dives tomorrow. That is why I try to never make plans for anything on this island…… gotta just go with the flow~~ I’m good with it as I have another ‘dry’ spell coming up. Wednesday is the last day I can dive, so gonna dive while the diving is good..

Just got a message from Alex with the details for Leta’s services. I will wait until tomorrow to share that information in case he needs to tweak it any.

Good Night Y’all * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 276 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *