Drying out ?

Due to a last minute change in schedules – I ‘opted out‘ of todays dive. For a much longer reason to explain than I care to go into – the dive got moved out to 11:30 and that is just a smidge later than I care to contend with with if I don’t ‘have to‘. SO – I spent another day here all by lonesome, coming up with ways to keep my self entertained. Luckily for me…. that is very easily done…… after I got all caught up on the FB circus….. I made me a right tasty breakfast and then headed out the door…. for some lawn maintenance. That little slug of rain we had with Tropical Disturbance# 6 blowing by us – sparked some growth in all things green. I was just gonna knock down the one stand of grass that grows freakishly fast – but once I had it evened out – the rest of the yard looked a little shaggy – so I went ahead and done that. That made the ‘around the edges’ stuff look ratty – so I got out the weed eater and launched into that. Then I got to looking at the section on the other side of the big fence that my Queen likes ‘trimmed up’ and it was out of control, so I launched into it and managed to advance that ‘swath’ another 50′ or so. I discovered several more fire ant hills…. dammit Emmit~! About 4+ hours later…. I finally called it a day….. cardio compliments of Briggs & Stratton and a very stuffy 88 degrees………. where is that wonderful wind we had for the past couple of days….. Headed for Haiti. that’s where~! For all my worriers out there – that 4+ hours included a couple of cooling off breaks with water and Re-hydrate. After I cooled off – I took a nice cool shower and came out and sat in front of the fan and ‘nursed’ two “spots” on my legs that I have had for about a month and a half now that won’t heal up…… one of the hazards of spending a couple of hours a day under water everyday….. I soaked them in rubbing alcohol and then Hydrogen Peroxide followed up by Neosporin and Band-Aids.. I’ll keep them on there until about 08:00 tomorrow morning….. that ought to at least help~~~  🙂

Back in the water tomorrow morning and for the rest of the week….. wrapping it up with at least a 3 dive day on Saturday….. I am looking forward to it. I know the [large] crowd already that will be on the boat. They seem to be a pretty good group, so it should be a lot of fun. Batteries have all been charged and everything including me and my gear are pretty much dried out…… for the time being.  😉

Good Night Ya’ll @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ Thankx for stopping in~!

P8020177  <—– Shark Video



Total Page Visits: 274 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *