Big waves, good divin’……

Up bright and early to report to the marina mid-island by 08:30….. loaded onto a fairly full boat and was soon out on the big water with some seriously big waves. Bailed in and fought to get some exit shots as divers navigated their way to the back of the bobbing boat. Not a fan of these kind of days – but it does make for some interesting shots of folks that are not particular used to navigating that kind of boat. Even though visibility was lower than I have seen it in memory – still managed some fun shots of sharks, lobsters and a lion fish. Time to get back on the boat proved to be another spectator sport as I laid in 15′ of water and watched the menagerie from below. Finally got everybody aboard and slowly motored to our next site. Very, VERY bouncy ride. Bouncy enough that several of the divers sat out the second dive because of sea sickness….. which I do not get because it is MUCH calmer under the water…….. just glad I am not cursed with that particular affliction.

Ready to go on the second dive – same conditions only smaller crowd under the water this time. Pretty standard dive taking pictures of a large family swimming together on this dive. The dive ended a little different with me getting distracted by a pair of small sharks and losing site of the group. When I finally realized I was all by my lonesome – I navigated toward the point where I thought the boat was, only to discover I missed it  by 500′ or so…… so I had to kick on the surface against the current, for a bit to get back on board. That’ll teach me a lesson~! [maybe]~~~

Finally back here, gear rinsed, pictures edited and loaded. A nice fish dinner…. I’m ready for a shower and some sleep. Back on board another full boat tomorrow….. only out on this end of the island so it should be a LOT calmer~! We’ll see.

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 447 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *