A day for the books

Got to ‘sleep in‘ this morning, even though I felt like I actually never went to sleep. Even though I was so tired I didn’t know my own name last night…. sleep was bound determined not to be an ally last night. Up — caught up on world situation [in the crapper in case you haven’t been following]…… Some FB action to look over…….. in other words – taking it easy in the morning for the first time in a week…… and I liked it! Now that I have the benefit of looking back at my last week, I can easily see the amount ‘[per week]’ offered to me for my photography work could easily be construed as not enough, but I am going to humbly accept it….. although I will not allow every week to be like that – it becomes much too much like work to keep that up. Case in point – I was asked if I wanted on the load in the [tomorrow] morning and I said…. no – hell no. For the first time in memory, I am trying to get out of going diving. Who would have thunk it ???  I am what is deemed as ‘saturated‘…. had my fill of salt water for at least this week………. but still “have” to make a dive tomorrow afternoon to shoot the dive for ‘Women’s Day’…… a dive set apart for the females on the island. Sadly, as of right now, they are having troubling getting a ‘load’ together – so it might be a real easy shoot for me tomorrow. But – that’s tomorrow…… todays dives were a couple for the books……. for the first time in my diving career… after making an earnest attempt to call sharks into me – I got scared and bailed. Exhaling HARD, pressing my second stage for added affect – I screamed 50′ up – in a hurry~! To get away from 2 very aggressive sharks that had me pinned between them at angles, I could only see one at a time (not a good thing). I safely got out of the situation and went on with the dive – cautiously watching my surroundings. Two young ladies on the dive became my focus and the rest of the dives were all about them. We had a good time as they played for the camera and during slack times – I played with new equipment I got for the camera yesterday. I now have my second strobe and a new set of ‘arms’ to hold them. It will give me SO much flexibility and and I firmly believe they will be game changers for my picture taking……. I am already seeing results from my first day of picture taking with the new gear – I hope you see a difference as well. Lots to learn – but I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow, one afternoon dive for “ladies Day”…… and then 2 days off~! A day to get some yard work and bill paying done and spend the rest of the day with my Queen – the second day we are going to try out the islands newest attraction….. Zip Lines~!!!  We can’t wait~! For now – I have tons of pix to share with you….. sorry about missing last night – but I was whooped~!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * Thank for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 470 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *