Diving and aggravation……..

Up a hellva lot earlier than I wanted this morning after a most pitiful nights sleep….. weirdly – I did not have to get up even once to whizz but my subconscious brain decided to try and figure out what all different ‘shots‘ I needed to get the next day – that I guess it felt sleep could wait…… pitiful nights sleep, but I did manage a little rest out of it, so when I finally rolled out at 05:45 – I didn’t feel as bad as I thought I would……. but it sure makes for a long/short night. I loaded all my gear, made me a small bite to eat and was gone….. leaving my Queen to her own devices this time. Got to the Marina, loaded my gear and got everything set up and for an hour or so while the boat was slapped around by some fairly intense Seas….. I held onto whatever I could and talked my model through various poses I thought my client was after. We commandeered the boat for all of the pictures we wanted as well as part of the group diving for ‘set up’ shots I needed.

The first dive was a good one….. I got my big green eel that I like so much plus sharks and other fun underwater stuff. The second dive mostly sucked [for me]. I couldn’t keep my mask cleared, my strobe [flash] died and just all around was a sucky dive [again, for me], but I made the most of it. After all, I was in [reasonably] warm water (79°) and tons of sea life – so it wasn’t all bad……… Finally back in harbor – shared a couple of icy cold beers with some dive buddy’s, got to watch another grossly proportioned Lobster get butchered and shared a couple of laughs before loading up and heading back West. Those kind of times (after the dives) is what makes them special…….

Back at the house, gear rinsed, me showered, two or seven drinks before we headed for another dinner out. This was kind of a working dinner as my model joined us and I got another couple dozen shots during the evening. I am going to get ALL shots loaded and sent to the client tomorrow and hope he is happy with them….. As it turns out – I’m gonna ‘lose my ass’ on this job – but hope the client is happy enough to book another shoot – at which point I will start making up my losses  😉   Until then – it’s gonna be hurry up and wait~~~~

Several offers to dive, work and help out for next week…… (really leaning toward the ‘dive’ part) – so interesting to see what happens. We have been asked to  work at Blues again tomorrow night for another round of “Mama’s Black Sheep” – a big draw that usually requires a bar back and a helper. We have agreed to do that — so probably no blog or anything tomorrow night……………………

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

P1280047 <=== Video


Total Page Visits: 407 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *