Piddlin’ and the BMV

My Queen was up and at at it bright and early for her earlier than usual day of labor at Blues. Making sure she was up in time – meant by association, that I was up and at ’em bright and early too. A small price to pay….. she was up and out the door which left me once again here to my own devices. I kinda like those days. After making me a darn fine breakfast (2 big ole chunks of sausage, 3 eggs, and a biscuit loaded with butter and drizzled with honey)…. MmMmMm good~! I set into my day. We have 2 doors at the kitchen exit that recently have become mis-aligned and were just a pain in the touchas to close and or lock properly. After the appropriate amount of time to let that wonderful breakfast ‘settle‘ – I broke out  my tools and went to work on the doors. Took a smidge more effort than I expected, but after about an hour, both doors once again closed/locked easily. While I vacuumed up my mess from the doors – I realised just how much the kitchen floor needed a good scrubbing – so I broke out the mop and set into that…. which led me to the rest of the floors. I gave them a good sweeping….. did the dishes and put them all away, took out the garbage and finally sat down to cool  off before heading out to my appointment to the BMV.

The BMV…… in the states, I never had much issue as the ladies working in the Poseyville branch were always just as sweet and delightful as anyone could ask for and always got my mission accomplished with a minimal amount of effort or issue. Noooooooot so much here on the island….. Here, they have folks called expeditors, that will get done pretty much whatever you need, without you ever having to step foot on BMV property. Of course, they charge a nominal fee….. For the past couple of years I have ’employed’ some of these folks. This year, in an effort to save a couple of bucks of our ever shrinking budget – I decided to give it a go myself. Wooo-weee…… it did not take long to remember why I happily gave up the ‘nominal’ fee to have that stuff done. 45 minutes in a broiling sun, dealing with multiple people who seemingly were pi$$ed off  mad, because they have to work for a living. Whatever you want to call it – I left after almost an hour, soaked in sweat, mad, upset, insulted, disgusted and no farther along in my effort than I was when I started. Guess I’ll reach out to an Expeditor tomorrow.

I got back to the house just about the same time my Bride got home and we regaled each other with the day’s activities as we soothed our day with alcohol. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. Just a follow up on my BP to make sure it’s holding where it’s supposed to be. Dives scheduled for Friday and Saturday~!!!

Good Night Ya’ll : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 354 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *