A much needed day off~!

Even though the night air was chilly [to us] there was no breeze to push it around and hoping to sleep in a bit (I even stayed up late to help orchestrate it)  I turned on the A/C. Having it on not only makes for a fabulously cool sleeping chamber – it blocks out most of the early morning sunlight and ensuing noises outside that come along with it. Crawled under the sheets and immediately pulled our new ‘official’ blanket up on my side. I noticed my Bride (who sacked out a couple of hours before me) was all curled up in a ball and I know that is her “I’m cold” position, so as I stretched out – I pulled the blanket up over her and tucked her in as well. She let out a little sigh and I didn’t hear a peep out of her until early morning when she got up for a bathroom call. Thankfully, she came back in and crawled back under the sheet/blanket and went right back to [apparently] sound asleep. I got up a little bit before 07:00 which I was very happy with and started my day. As it turns out, my Queen slept until almost 10:00, which gave me 3 blissfully quiet hours to myself.

Finally up and hungry – she asked for Polly’s, a local eatery that makes a nice take out breakfast we both enjoy. I ran into town and picked up a gallon of milk from a small local place and then got our breakfast and headed back out to the house. As always, breakfast was delicious and we soon settled into our day doing a whole bunch of nothing. Angie played her game while I got my ‘bills due’ spreadsheet updated and then sat and paid bills for most of the month of December as we will be in the states for half of the month – and – I don’t want to have to contend with that as we spend time with our family for the holidays. It didn’t take long for late afternoon to roll around and my Bride suggested KFC for dinner. I was on it – I went in and spent a disgusting 30 minutes getting our dinner for us. I’m not going into you about that cluster****……. I will submit an appropriate complaint to headquarters KFC. I’m am thoroughly satisfied it won’t do a dang bit of good….. besides making me feel a little better. Starving at that point, we both wolfed down some mostly disgusting chicken….. but even in it’s disgusting-ness….. it satisfied our hunger. We are both probably gonna regret it about 04:30 in the morning – but for now: It’s all good………..

No ‘new’ pictures today, so will put up some from the hundred’s I have taken recently and hope you haven’t seen them yet. (It gets very confusing on what I have posted and what I haven’t)

Good Night Ya’ll : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Thankx for stopping in~!




My Mini-Jeni

Total Page Visits: 466 - Today Page Visits: 2

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *