Up a smidge earlier than usual this morning to answer an urgent call of nature….. We slept last night with the A/C off – taking advantage of a cooler than usual night.  Outside of a teeny bit damp – it was a comfortable night sleeping. My Bride was up first in anticipation and preparation of her day of labor at Blues. I followed shortly afterward to tend to the aforementioned call of nature. She was soon on her way and I set into what is turning into my day of being a domestic.  I went out and got the wash machine hooked up and filling and soon filled to the brim with clothes. While the washer was filling (it is really slow due to minimal water pressure) I went in and made me a right fine breakfast of a LOT of sausage and a couple of perfectly cooked eggs and settled in to take my time to eat and enjoy them. I turned the TV on to have music playing in the background. ‘Silence’ to me can be truly deafening as the ringing in my ears is almost unbearable when it is completely quiet. I finished up my breakfast, did a little dusting and sweeping around the house until my load of laundry was done. I went out and hung all the laundry – including bedsheets and towels, dangnear running out of clothes line space.  It was almost funny in that by the time I got everything pinned to the clothes line – the bed sheets were almost dry enough to take off of the line…. almost. I came in, worked on a pair of shorts that didn’t clean up the way I thought they should have. Soaking them in ‘Shout’ and then in a sink of hot water. After fooling with them for almost an hour – I went and got all the bedding off of the line and came in and remade the bed, before going back to scrub and try and get my shorts a little cleaner…… I would have never thought they would have got that filthy or I wouldn’t have worn that particular pair (one of my favorites).

I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and a little more sweeping before setting down in front of the fan and letting my shirt dry out (us old fat boys sweat a lot in this heat). Wasn’t long before my Queen pinged me saying she was heading home [25 minute drive] after she made a couple of stops. She arrived almost 2 hours later….. which no longer surprises me. I had her a drink made before she got in the house and then went out to haul in whatever she had that needed hauled in. She is now 4 drinks deep and talking with various Daughters while I sit here and regale you of my ‘exciting‘ day here in the tropics………. I am going diving tomorrow….. if it don’t feel good when I get underwater – I’ll come back up… but so far am feeling great~!

Good Night Ya’ll # # # # # # # # # # # # Thankx for stopping in~!








Total Page Visits: 400 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *