A ‘gold star’ doctors report~!

Re-reading yesterdays blog – I see where I never defined the title…… ”…and they do this for fun ?”…… was in reference to the fact that there are apparently some people that get out and walk ”for the fun” of it……. you have got to be kidding me…. and don’t even get me started on those folks that RUN those kind of distances….. let alone marathons… (yes Mouse – that includes you)   😉  ‘In my mind’ ain’t nobody in their right mind puts their body through that mess for the fun of it….. [now climbing down off of my soap box] ……..

Up at a presentable hour and a nice easy start to our day. I had a Doctor’s appointment mid-island at 10:20, so I took it easy until time to go. I printed out my handy dandy spread sheet where I track my BP and I was gone. Fighting ‘classic’ island traffic ( a 25 minute drive that takes 45 minutes) and arrived a couple of minutes before my scheduled time…….. very uncharacteristically – I only had to wait about 15 minutes before being called in. Got to chat with a dear friend [Stormy] who recently transferred to this facility for a bit before ‘Doc’ came in. Understand….. ‘Doc’ is not an actual ”Doctor” – but a FNP…. Family Nurse Practitioner….. but I’ll tell you – I trust and have more faith in her than I ever did my ‘regular doctor’ back in the states…… built like a fire plug and just plumb enjoyable to talk with. My appointment went great…. and to quote her….. she was ”tickled to death” with my blood work up…….. she is very happy with my BP and what I am doing trying to get myself in a little better shape…… I need to quit smoking and cut WAY down on the alcohol…. but as a medical professional she is ‘required‘ to say that – she knows it probably ain’t gonna happen   😉   So – I’m pretty happy with that visit and she don’t want to see me now for another 3 months~!!

Came back home, my Queen was at the local grocery store helping to majorly stimulate the economy – so I set in mowing and weed eating. I finished up just about the time she pulled in back here at the house, so I unloaded half the store into the kitchen for her. Everything put away (groceries, lawn mowers and weed eaters) and we settled in for drinks enjoying a fairly productive day for us both.

Spent some time chatting with family back in the states…. discussing the good and not so good things going on……. more on that as it develops. JUST confirmed some diving for tomorrow morning….. YAY~!!!!! It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve dove and I am in serious need of some ‘salt therapy‘….. plus I get to play with my camera and get you all some underwater pictures for a change~!!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

You should have told me then how FAT   I was getting – gotten.


Total Page Visits: 540 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *