It’s late………..

A fairly calm day today……. we opted out of conditioned air sleeping as we had a wonderfully cool breeze blowing through our little place. All was going well until a very odd 02:00 call to nature hit me and I launched out of bed headed for the call of nature place. I hadn’t eaten anything out of the ordinary…. no more [than usual] to drink….. but something was in my belly that wanted out — right, then and there~! 30 minutes of praying to what/whoever you pray for, for those kind of things…… I felt ‘safe’ enough to go back in and stretch out in bed in our nice cool bedroom. Woke up about 4 hours later dealing with the same issue…. what.the.hell??  My bride was already up and doing her thing while I made multiple sprints to the place of relief….. thoroughly enjoying the upgrade of the ceiling fan that I had installed. Angie had to take off for ‘work’ helping Shawn out with the office details of another tour. It was just one machine, so I stayed at the house within safe distance of ‘the throne’. I finally whooped me up a wonderful breakfast of eggs and sausage, before lighting out on my own little quest. For reasons I can’t reveal until tomorrow night – I won’t go into what I did the next several hours. One of them though was stopping by the dump–Woo-Hoo~! Angie finished up work and headed for the store. I got back just a little bit before her and spent my time on the phone with Viya, STILL trying to get our internet fixed. Finished that up about the time she pulled up and I unloaded about $400 worth of groceries I didn’t think we needed….. but she did, and that’s all that matters~~~~ By that time it was time to go pick up our friends from our BVI sail who had just wrapped up a small cruise and wanted to hang out a little bit before heading back to St. Thomas. Thankfully, we managed to get a couple of other friends that were on the cruise with us to join us. They showed up shortly after we all got back. I had ordered some sammiches from what is rapidly turning out to be, the  best deli on the island and soon we were all elbow deep in delicious-ness……. MmMmMmmm. We ate, drank and chatted for the next several hours. None of us were overly concerned with ‘the virus’ and it turned into just a wonderful evening with friends. There were ample hugs and kisses and laughter. Like all was right with the world again. We have since got Dulce and Derrick back on their boat and Liz and Dave are back safe at their place. Angie just got out of the shower and now it’s my turn.  The kind of day all of us should have at least every once in a while……………………

Good night Ya’ll ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 504 - Today Page Visits: 2

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *