Busy, busy, busy……….

After my fire fighting antics yesterday and we got back here – just in time to clean up and meet our island ‘kids’ down the road for supper. They were heading back to the states for Thanksgiving and was dropping off keys and such we would need to help them run their business for them while they were gone. They own Gecko Island Adventures…. a fun 4 wheeler ride up through the rain forest. You wind up on top of a mountain and can pretty much see the whole West end of the island from up there. Lots and lots of fun~!   We were all in the mood for pizza and The Palms restaurant usually has an acceptable pizza. We gathered up there, ordered drinks and appetizers and discussed what we needed to. Finally ordered and got our pizza. I was a tad more than let down……. I was really under impressed with the pizza this time….. bummer. It didn’t scratch my pizza ‘itch’ this time….. just more of a rub I guess………….

Woke up this morning to heavy clouds and an awesome cool breeze….. would make it nice for the running I had to get done today. Lots of things to get done before the big tournament tomorrow morning….. and what a day that is gonna be. We both opted to skip breakfast so we could get started and get back early….. BaaaHaaa….. it was good in theory……. First stop, was the airport – had to pick up the kids vehicle and bring it back here (so they won’t have to pay for all that parking. I tried to get them to let me just take them to the airport this morning – but NOOoooo…… damn kids – can’t tell ’em nothing~~ Dropped off vehicle here at the condo and then quickly off to the bank. I had to get an allocation of various bills ($800 worth) to fill 4 money bags for the raffles and such tomorrow. It is normally always such a “treat” to have to deal with the ladies in that bank – but amazingly – they were [reasonably] friendly and the transaction went [reasonably] quick and smooth. I tried to buy a couple of extra money bags – but apparently not even the bank can get them… so I was just SOL……  🙁    Back to the condo to drop off the cash – go whizz and right back out the door. Drove past the garage to see if DD had been pulled out yet – nope~! Tried stopping for gas…. too full, will get it later…. Next to the big lot’s store…. beer, coolers, smokes and odds and ends…. got the beer, some of the smokes and all of the odds and ends – but they didn’t have the coolers I was after. OOH – they may have them at K-Mart just down the road~! (yes, we still have K-mart(s) on the island) Parked and left my Queen in the truck to guard other purchases while I went in…… Lord give me strength…… I had to ask for assistance….. good grief you would have thought I was asking for a kidney~!

Well crap…… here I am again at my 500 words…. and a lot more to tell…. didn’t take any new pictures today…. so I’ll put up some older ones you may have missed. Tomorrow will be a very long day for my Bride and me. We plan on getting up at 04:15 in the morning (What does the 0 stand for ? Oh My God it’s early) and probably won’t be back until 9:00-10:00 that night. Above average chance there won’t be a post tomorrow…… but I should rack up a bunch of fun pictures for you. Keep an eye on me… I’ll be back as quick as I can.

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!



Total Page Visits: 494 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *