Up via alarm clock this morning to be ready to head out the door by 07:15 – way out of character for me and my Queen. Arrived at the West end of the island at Adventures in Diving STX and started prepping for what turned out to be a hearty crowd ready to help clean up the pier. Our latest storm (Karen) stirred up that end of the island (even though it didn’t do squat where we are at). The first hour or so was medium chaos as we got divers signed in, gear hauled and everybody where they needed to be. A small lull while the divers were in the water and soon they were hauling bag upon bag upon bag upon bag of trash out of the water. A good crew of shore support made sure divers were helped out of the water, their gear hauled back [if they wanted it] all garbage sorted and recorded and everyone safe back on shore. That culminated in a wonderful get together brunch hosted by local restaurant Polly’s by the Pier. Everyone hung out afterward for door prizes and some really, really nice raffle prizes. My Queen and I even won a couple of them. After a very long 5+ hours, we  finally loaded back into DD 2.0 and headed back to the conditioned air comfort of our condo.

Not ashamed to say, we were whooped…… we enjoyed sitting and watching The Dead Zone for a while and not doing nothing else~! A bite to eat – a cool shower coming up and probably an early bed time for both of us……. Pictures from today… more dive pictures later……

Good Night Ya’ll > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thankx for stopping in~!

Our sunrise this morning
Another new turtle last night~!
She dug several holes, but I don’t think she laid eggs
She was a fairly small one compared to some

Another sunrise view
Frederiksted wall art
Busy, busy, busy

……and in they go~!

Giant stride off of the pier
An actual jump~!
Frederiksted Pier
The West end

IMG_3045 <—- Fun video

Looking down from pier through about 12′ of water
Waiting for divers

Frederiksted Pier
Coming out with full bags of trash
That much less stuff in our water~!
After party

Total Page Visits: 529 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *