Back in the land of plenty……

Been almost a week since I got on here and I do apologize…. the last 2 days before we left were a whirlwind and involved LOTS of alcohol so I didn’t get anything written before we left. The day we left started our fairly tame as we weren’t scheduled to leave until 4:00 in the afternoon……. about noon I got a text message from Delta saying our departure had been delayed by about an hour….. no biggie – everything will stay on schedule….about 30 minutes later…. another text – another hour delay……. will be difficult but still manageable…… another 30 minutes… another hour delay……DAMMIT EMMIT~! This one will mean we will miss our connecting flight into Evansville…… This kept up for anther couple of hours. Sometimes the flight got moved up – sometimes it got moved back….. what a friggin mess~! We finally headed for the airport for what we thought was supposed to be a now 6:30 flight and we waited…. and it got delayed…. and we waited (you see where this is going) I figured at the very least – IF we got to Atlanta, I could rent a car and drive up to Evansville. We finally made it into Atlanta….at 01:30 in the morning~! The only bright spot in that whole cluster was my travel agent had managed to book us a new flight at 09:00 the next morning – even when Delta agents couldn’t~! We discussed going into town to rent a hotel room – but we figured it would be at least 02:30 by the time we got into a room – and we’d have to be back up by no later than 06:00 to be back to the airport for our flight, so IF we were lucky –  we might get 4 – 4.5 hours of sleep for the mere price of $ 150.00…… Ummm… no thankx – we’ll hang out in the airport~! Now I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to sleep in an airport, but even at 04:00 in the morning – a big airport like Atlanta is busy….. and noisy. There are no longer nice big couch type chairs to stretch out on, just hard plastic ones with arms that do not allow you to stretch out across a couple of them. And it’s noisy~! Unless you’re still in your 20’s and or have some kind of chemical help, you are going to have a miserable night – and we did~ Fast forward to getting to our gate and ready to board. Gate agent finally shows up and said…” we are SO sorry…. but there is a delay”  KILL ME NOW~!!    THAT went on for 2+ more hours….. excuse, after excuse, after excuse. We finally wound up changing gates and planes but were finally in the air. The flight was short and mostly uneventful and we soon were taxiing into EVV airport – where we promptly had to sit and wait another 10 minutes on the tarmac to be guided up to the ramp~! Welcome to Evansville~!

I am almost already at my limit and there is so much more I want to share – so I’m gonna stop here and put up some pictures….. This is the first night since we left the island, we are in our room this early (7:30pm). Last couple of nights have been Midnight or later…… we did get to meet our beautiful new Grand Daughter though~!!More later.

Good Night Ya’ll + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!

Oma first meeting Kinsley Ray

Beautiful little Kinsley Ray Hall

Me and April
Me and my liL-Sis-Cuz Susie
Me & Paul – trouble, waiting to happen

April, Susie and my Queen

Paul and Daughter Paige

I gave in to temptation almost immediately     😉
Total Page Visits: 584 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *