Heineken Green

Up bright and early for a morning of painting but my Queen need an extra little bit of sleep and I did not want to take that away from her. She finally rolled out, we had coffee and woke up and soon was headed up to Blues for a day of painting since it didn’t look like we were going to get rained on this morning. A bit of a ‘late’ start after an evening of celebrating, but we finally got up there and started painting. The first several hours were fast and furious as I tried to get the parking lot side of the posts done before they opened for business. I didn’t make it, but was dang close…….. I then moved to the inside where I would be less conspicuous and tried to finish the entire section….. I made a couple of checks on my Bride who was on the other side of the yard doing detailed work, stopped for an occasional chug of H20 and to light a cigarette……. A sizable lunch crowd starting filing in and before I knew it – the crowd was gone and I was finishing up an entire section of fence. My back and knees were telling me I had been at it just enough to be done. Getting older really does suck. I can easily remember when that kind of day I would have barely broken a sweat – let alone be drenched in sweat and worn almost completely out. DAMMIT EMMIT~! We picked up all of our tools, cleaned brushes and rollers and put everything away and finally limped over to the bar and sat down for a drink……. and another, and another….. and another…..(you know where this is going)  😉  It got to be around 3:00ish and I could see in my Queen’s face – she was ‘done’….. drinking and doing anything else – so we loaded up and came home.

We got the condo nice and cooled off ( I  turn the AC up when I know we’re gonna be a way a while)….. we both got our showers and sat down to enjoy the cool. Angie finally told me she was ready to eat – so I dropped a steak on our little indoor grill and started sautéing some onions. (Woman eats an inordinate amount of onions). Just as her steak was about ready – I dropped me a 1/3 lb burger of local beef on there and we were soon enjoying our meal. Jim & Deb gifted us a really nice bottle of Champagne (for our anniversary) but after last night…. we’re probably gonna hold off and enjoy it later….. for now – I have got my post for the evening out of the way…… probably have enough pictures from today to put up – and then going to join my bride on the couch for some more Covert Affairs. Probably going back up to Blues for some ‘finishing touches’ tomorrow, but shouldn’t be near the day today was~~~

Good Night Ya’ll < < < < < < < < < <  Thankx for stopping in~!




Not as many pictures taken as I thought….. but gonna leave it here for tonight~~~~~~

Total Page Visits: 748 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *