Cinco De Mayo (& Roland’s birthday)

Happy Cinco De Mayo~! Although I didn’t get much sleep last night, I feel much better now than I did when I was writing this yesterday. Even after 4 Ibuprofen right before bedtime last night – my knees screamed loud enough – that sleep was pitiful at best. It’s not a big surprise to me anymore – especially after a day like yesterday. My knees just have taken too much abuse over my life time to tolerate days like yesterday at my age [and weight]. Not a hellva lot I can do about it. Dang sure not going to have surgery unless there is just no other option. I guess I could lose some weight, but realistically don’t see that happening and I honestly don’t think it would do a heckva lot good any way~~

I got up to Blues at 08:30 yesterday morning, with 12 bags of ice. Got the ice unloaded and came into the yard and went straight to work. Prepping the yard, getting beer iced down (for re-filling the beer coolers as they run low) and anything else that Jim or Eddy requested. The place opened at 11:00 and we had one guy standing there at the gate waiting for it open. As soon as we were open, more people started filing in and had a slow steady trickle through lunch. The “party” was advertised to start at 1:00pm… 1:30 there was a sizable crowd and by 2:00, the place was packed. Packed and partying~! Jim and I served Blues Margarita’s and handed out Sombrero’s, Sunglasses and mustaches. I managed to snap a couple of pictures every time I made my trash can rounds (also my job to  keep them emptied) The band showed up ( The Drunken Dumplings– or something like that) showed up and had the place rocking for almost their entire 3 hours. The novelty of the Blues Margarita’s wore off after about 5 gallons of them had been served and I soon settled into my Bar backing job…… and the boys (Eddy and Tim) kept me hopping. I iced down and restocked at least 8 cases of beer, along with the occasional run to the supply room (and one emergency run to get more ice) and emptying trash cans. I hauled out 9 large bags of trash that I know of.

The band quit at 5:00 and by 5:30 only a handful of people remained and I finally got to sit down and smoke a cigarette. I went through 7 bottles of water and one big bottle of Spark [it was a life saver]……. and I finally went in and made me a drink. Finally got the last of the people ran off by 6:00 [closing time on  Saturday’s] and sat and had a couple of more drinks with the staff there at the bar. We all were worn out, Bartenders cooks, servers, owners and me…..

I promised Deb I’d put up the pictures I took for her – so as soon as I got out of my very much needed shower – I sat down and got them up for her – plus my little note last night to you.

I went back up this morning and put in a couple of hours helping Jim get the Backyard ready for business tomorrow morning. Of course we had to sit and have a beer or 4 afterwards. I came back home, took another shower and spent the rest of the day on the couch doing a whole lot of nothing. Tomorrow starts and active week for me, doing 2-tank dives on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Helping friends move on Tuesday. Also have a dive club meeting in there and I have to get out to the West end for some Lost Dog Saloon pizza before my Bride comes back home to me on Friday. Busy, busy,  busy week….. but it should be a fun one~ Look out knees~!  😉

Happy Birthday mi Amigo Rolando~!!!

Good Night Ya’ll . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 475 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *