Easter and a birthday………

Happy Easter to all of you that celebrate this holiday. Being the heathen I am…not a day I necessarily celebrate, but always respect for those that do. We always tried to make it a special day for our girls as they were growing up. Today had an added twist to it, as it is the first time in 62 years, Easter fell on my birthday. Yes – today is my birthday. I was born on Easter Sunday 1957 and this is the ONLY time in my lifetime Easter has landed on “my” day. As most of you probably know by now, my Queen is back in the land of plenty spending time with our Baby and our other Daughters. The plan was for her to get back in time for a surprise arrival for our Baby’s  ‘Baby Shower’. The weather Gods nixed that plan, but she finally made it there this morning. Leaving me here to my own devices, I scheduled a two tank boat dive this morning – and I was treated to two wonderful dives to start my Birthday off with. Turtles, sharks and a giant green Moray Eel~! I didn’t get pictures of the shark – but am excited to see all the other pictures – including VIDEO of the Moray Eel~!!! The video is probably too big to put on here – so check it out on FB. I had been invited by two dear friends (Liz and Dave) out to an Easter buffet out at Cane Bay beach. I came home from my dive to find out we didn’t have enough water pressure for me to take a shower, so I used what I could from the little dribble of water to “freshen’ up and get some of the salt off and was soon on my way to Cane Bay. I took along my ‘bar’ and not wanting to show up empty handed, took two packages of ‘stateside’ cookies I received as a birthday present (Carrot cake and dark chocolate Oreo cookies) Goodness gracious was I popular~! ( I did make damn sure there was “enough” left over for me to take home and gorge myself on)  😉  I sat for a couple of hours and enjoyed the company of probably 15 – 20 people as I looked out over that gorgeous blue water. There was a bottle of Fireball making the rounds that I partook of – and a pipe made the rounds once that I know of, but I opted out of that one — It was soon time to bid adieu and as an added treat, I stopped at Off the Wall, my new favorite spot for pizza, and ordered myself a large ‘All meat with onion and mushrooms’ to take home for my birthday dinner. Dear friends Liz and Dave stopped by to keep me company while I waited for my pie. Folks at the bar found out it was my birthday and bought me alcohol while I waited (I could get real used to that~!) My pie finally arrived, I bid my thankx and farewells and jumped into DD to head home to enjoy my Birthday treat. Problem —- DAMN that pie smelled good~!! I soon had the box open, and while holding a drink in one hand, a piping hot slice in the other and navigating with my knee – I made my way around the winding mountain road back to the highway. I now, not only have multiple pizza stains down the front of my shirt – I also have 2 quarter sized burn whelps on the roof of my mouth – but OH SO worth it~! I made it safely back to the condo and needed one more slice (with a cold Bud Light) followed up by too many Oreo cookies to count – I’m tired and ready for a [8 hour] nap. Wanting to see and get up, some of my pictures from today – I popped open a can of Monster (which so far is doing the trick) to help me through this, pictures and a FB post. Considering my Bride is not here – it is one of the nicest birthday’s I’ve had in a while. Gonna quit while I’m ahead – hope you enjoy the pictures — many, many more to follow, as WAY too many to put up all tonight. Enjoy – Happy Easter~!

Good Night Ya’ll * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!

Birthday present~!

Birthday present~!

My Boat~~~



Total Page Visits: 492 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *