Doc and the Blues……..

After a slow casual start to our day…. I was up early but my bride managed an extra two and a half hours sleep…. we got up woke up and generally got up for the day. Angie made us another nice steak and eggs breakfast [more left over steak from something] – that was wonderfully delicious….. an episode or two of NUMB3RS and it was soon time to take off for my Queen’s doctor appointment. Other than a persistent cough, nothing really wrong with her as we took off for her appointment. After waiting an hour past appointment time – she finally made it in. For an old broad her age, Doc says she is in pretty decent shape. Doc suspects new blood pressure medicine may be the reason for the persistent cough. Now ain’t that a bunch of hooey~!! More on that as we learn more…… still crap though~!  Stopped on the way from Doc to pick up more [expensive, and what I think unnecessary] drugs and again on our way. We decided to stop at Blues on the way home for a drink or twelve (it turned out much closer to twelve). Managed not to eat anything which just exasperated the entire situation….. but we sure did have a good time. For a Thursday night the place was hoppin’~!! The local entertainment turned out to be a lot of fun – and during one trip up to the stage to deliver a well earned shot – he coerced me (altho it really didn’t take a lot) to do a bit of singin’~! I knocked out a couple of Johnny Cash songs (as much as I could remember) – and I’d like to think the crowd enjoyed it. If I had known I was going to wind up singing – I would not have drank near as much as I could have remembered a lot more of the words 😉  It was fun either way……..  Last call was finally called and we all gathered ourselves up and headed our perspective ways. Back here now safe and sound in our nice cool condo – I didn’t think I would manage more than a paragraph or two – but – WOOHOO – look at me go~!  🙂

We are Bar Backing up at Blues tomorrow night for another engagement of Reverend Raven and the Chain Smoking Altar Boys – so we are looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing for the better part of the early day tomorrow, before going up and working our lips off for that last part of the evening. It will probably be entirely too late by the time we get home to do much writing – but reference what I’m doing now, so who the hell knows…….

Good Night Ya’ll – – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 542 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.