A VERY long (but good) day……….

I couldn’t have been any more right about yesterday being a long day if I tried…. WOW~!!  My Queen and I rolled out of bed at 05:30 so we had our wake up and bathroom time before starting our day. I had the coolers loaded and we were in the truck by shortly after 07:00, stopping to fill the coolers with beer and ice, then headed out to Green Cay marina where the tournament was being hosted. Everybody started in with assignments, hanging banners, filling out raffles prizes, etc. There was a small pause for a bite of breakfast and then back at it. That took us up to about noon, then it slowed down for a bit while we waited for the anglers to come back. First boat showed up about 14:00 and the weigh in began. Lots and lots of fish coming in and smiling faces abound. I was promoted from my [apparently] temporary position of “Fish Bitch” (I was supposed to be weighing the fish) as a more experienced volunteer showed up – so I upgraded to ‘Beer dude’ – handing out free ice cold beer to anyone that wanted it. I went through roughly 8 cases of beer~! We even got a visit from the Moko Jumbies handing out American Flag pins. Always fun they show up. Weigh in finally completed, everyone moved to the Deep End bar where trophies and prizes were awarded for the tournament. That is also where the raffles and silent auditions were going on. We had the band R & B Experience providing music in the background. Plenty of laughs and smiles with only the tiniest amount of drama as one sore head wanted to contest a fish weight. That was quickly resolved and the party went on. Naturally there was plenty of alcohol and the entire day was deemed a huge success. Numbers are still being tabulated- but I believe the whole thing will come out as a wonderful success for the organization.

Finally tore everything down, cleaned everything up and all loaded into our vehicles. I can’t speak for everyone else – but my bride and I were shot. From the way the rest of the volunteers were moving – so were they. When I say shot – I mean broken down tired…… we all had some drinks – but we were just plain ole worn out. By now it’s just after 21:00 and it dawned on us we hadn’t eaten anything since that early breakfast, so we decided to hit Mickey D’s again on the way home. After a very taxing 43 minute wait in the drive through, we had our sammiches and were finally heading back to the condo. We pulled in right at 22:00, plopped down on the couch and had our “dinner”. After a 15 hour day – we both agreed we were both to pooped to pop, and agreed would skip much needed showers and crash….. which we promptly did.

I’m at my limit already, so will stop here and share some of the many pictures I took during the day. I’m headed up for a full day at Blues tomorrow – but will try to get back on here for at least the rest of the pictures.

Good night Ya’ll —– Thankx for stopping in~!

Total Page Visits: 567 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *