Rainbows and rain clouds………

Woke up to a non-raining day for the first time in several days….. kinda nice to see ole Sol up there blazin’ away in the early morning sky. Granted, still lots of clouds, but he did make an appearance. A pretty typical lazy Sunday….. some smokes, a little bit of breakfast and some Blue Bloods. Just to take a break from sitting on the couch – I finally got up and started mapping hatching dates for our baby turtles….. Actually turned out to be a lot tougher than I thought it was gonna be, but now we have a really good idea of when and where to start looking for the next possible hatching site. We have several more possible hatchings starting next weekend~! Back to watching more Blue Bloods ( they really need to rename that show to the ‘The Reagans’….. I swear – they would have to shut New York City down if something happened to that family…..geeeesh~!  While watching the Reagans resolve yet another dilemma for the city, it occurred to me with multiple hatchings coming up, the baby turtles would have quite the fight on their hands if and when they hatch to get back to the Sea, what with all the Sargassum seaweed we have on the our beach – Not on my watch~! Besides…. some exercise of some type would probably be a good thing for the old fat boy…… so I got up, grabbed shovel and rakes and away I went. Good Lord am I old and out of shape~! It didn’t long at all to realize just how bad I am out of shape….. wow…. a half dozen shovels full of sand and seaweed and I needed to stop and catch my breath. I finally got into a nice little rhythm to where I could breathe while I was doing it, but then my back “spoke” up to let me know that it wasn’t real shot in the a$$ with what I was doing~! So I started taking frequent ‘breaks’ to catch my breath or let my back quit hollering. Not a bad gig though, standing there watching and listening to the sea crashing in at my feet. I watched many, many beautiful cloud formations build and dissipate. Throw in an occasional rainbow for good measure…… not bad duty at all if you don’t factor in not being able to breather or stand up right. I stayed at it for almost 2 hours….. enough to get the nesting area of the beach cleared.

I finally came in to cool off and have a couple of drinks with my bride. She was in the process of making spaghetti…. one of my favorites. She made enough for about 6 people….. I don’t know why she does that, because she knows I have ZERO self control when it comes to portion size and spaghetti….. I secretly think she is trying to slowly kill me……. so here I sit – full as a tick and miserable….. miserable but happy. I have already had my shower, so I can put up a couple of pictures for you all and fall into bed like the old fat outta shape fat boy I am feeling like…. and sleep like it was my job~!   🙂

Good night Ya’ll …… Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 655 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *