Busted Sunday……….

Rolled out this morning pumped to be making a couple of dives and try out my first opportunity to shoot pictures for a ‘profit’ again…… Had coffee and a breakfast biscuit before making sure my camera was charged up and gathering up my gear. I was heading for Cane Bay…. one of the hot dive spots on the island. I arrived exactly at 09:00, got me a good parking spot and unloaded my gear…. and I waited…. and waited some more. If you have to wait somewhere [for anything] that is a premium place with a view that is almost unmatched on the island. I had a cigarette and just got lost in the view. Then another cigarette and eventually another…… Then I started to doubt whether I was at the right location (the dive master had mentioned other opportunities at the pier in the near future) Convinced I was in the right spot, I finally grabbed my phone to verify we were still ‘on’. No Service……. Dammit Emmit~! I walked up the road to a local eatery thinking they may have a little better signal up there — nope.     Finally, I rebooted my phone and when it came back up – I had 1 bar. That was enough. I pinged the Dive Master and got a fairly quick reply… saying he had woke up with a head cold and was cancelling. (“…he hadn’t got to me yet”) I was supposed to be there at 09:00 – after a half hour drive – and waited 25 minutes…. and he hadn’t got to me yet……. I was not happy about it, but whatcha gonna do??? I walked back to the truck, loaded everything back up and drove another 30 minutes back to the condo.

Spent the rest of the day taking it easy with my Queen watching TV and movies. A pretty tame day, but it felt good after the long day we had yesterday. Other than a couple of pictures I took during my wait this morning….. no other new pix for you. So short note tonight and just a couple of pix for you. We’ll see what this next week brings~~

Good night Ya’ll – – Thankx for stopping in~!

Cane Bay


Total Page Visits: 330 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *