Cortisone, seaweed and internet~!!

Wow – what a difference a day makes…… My Cortisone shot kicked in wonderfully and I slept the sleep of Kings last night, well – Kings that have to get up once to take a leak – but other than that — Wow~! It felt really good to get up out of bed this morning and not be dragging a$$ right off the bat. The original plan for the day was to spend at least part of the day at a beach (besides our own) to maybe get in a little snorkeling and then swing by and pick up our laundry.

My Queen was dealing with some gastric distress this morning, so we hung out waiting for that issue to clear up. Multiple trips to the WC made it increasingly clear, that the snorkeling was probably not going to happen, so instead, I made us a hearty breakfast while my Queen took it easy on the couch. We had our breakfast while watching what can only be described as 1980’s television. I swear that this island may actually be in a time warp – none-the-less, we enjoyed the older shows while we ate. We went out occasionally for a smoke and enjoyed our beach and watching an ever increasing build up of seaweed encroaching on our beach. The vast amount of the seaweed coming even has the locals stumped. Some say it is an indicator of a bad hurricane season as it means wind patterns are changing, others say just the opposite. I have no idea but am looking forward to seeing how the complex intends to get rid of it. It is not only unsightly, but if it lays out there too long, it will start to rot and stink. Sure hope they ain’t waiting for a hurricane to come along and blow it away~~~  😉

Later in the afternoon, while sitting through an early episode of Friends, I hear a knock on the door. Answering the door, I find a young man wearing a Viya hat and asking if I was having trouble with my internet~! You could have knocked me over with a feather…… Yes sir I am — Come on in. He came in, looked at my router – got on the phone with someone and within 10 minutes — we had internet~! Yay~!!!  I never did find out what the issue was, what they did to fix it or how/why they showed up (especially on a Saturday) but I’m damn sure glad they did. It is so nice not to have to wait 5-10 minutes for something to load, let alone actually work~! We can now stream movies and watch shows again (commercial free) that are more up to date~!

With that – I’m gonna get some pictures up for you (and hopefully not have to wait for 3 hours for them to load) – and then go get me a nice cool shower and see if I can knock out another good nights sleep…….. without having to get up this time  😉

Good night ya’ll ——Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 676 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *