No managers and still lousy internet……….

Well dammit Emmit~! Never got a call from a manager – course, I was just smart enough not to hold my breath waiting for it and my appointment (with official ticket number) is for tomorrow….. so we’ll see what that brings. Right now my little hot spot seems to be working, so I’m gonna ramble a little but and then see if I can load some more pictures of me and Stephanie’s dive.

Spent the day, like the last 3 not doing much of anything. I made us a breakfast to kick start our day – only to wind up spending the bulk of it on the couch watching the idiot box….. happily, our cable does work – so at least we have a little bit of entertainment. We have been doing a little work on the place, cleaning it up and getting it back in shape from having the Jenkin’s crew here. Finally got the patio doors cleaned, so we can see that beautiful view again, the house has been swept multiple times and we have got most of the sand back out on the beach.

Paid some bills, sat and stared out at our view and watched more of the idiot box. We did manage to get a contractor in here to get an estimate on getting a washer and dryer. He’s gonna work something up and let us know in the morning. We currently have to walk the length of the complex, to a laundry room that has 3 machines (3 washers and 3 dryers). They cost $2.00 per cycle and typically don’t work worth a crap……. so to get a load done typically costs us $ 8.00 – plus a ton of aggravation……..I talked to the owner and he said he would entertain letting us put in a washer & dryer in the unit provided we split the cost with him — and I’m good with that – so we’ll see where that goes.

We had a visit from the local ‘lawn mowers’ – something you don’t see everyday… but taking it in stride as part of living on this island.

Gonna wrap it up here and see if the hot spot will load some pictures for me. Good night ya’ll — Thankx for stopping in~!

Sting Ray
Total Page Visits: 699 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *