No painting for you~~

Got up and started early to report in for my painting detail this morning only to be turned away at the gate. Other guy had something come up that he had to tend to. I offered to stay and paint, but being a new guy and not very well known (by this guy) he didn’t want to leave me there by myself. So I loaded up in Double D and headed back to the condo. My Queen had busied herself with laundry, so I settled in to take care of a couple of hospital bills (from a freakin’ YEAR ago) that I got in the mail yesterday. They said insurance didn’t pay it. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with hospital and insurance people trying to hash that crap out. Still haven’t got it resolved yet, but am getting closer….. I hate messin’ with that stuff.

Launched into getting a new printer set up. I thought I had it done… but that’s what I get for thinking…..After another on line with tech support, printer is now successfully installed and working as it should….. yay~!

Finished up by getting finishing touches done on the porch – patching is done, and painting. Gave the floor one last good sweeping and put my grill back in it’s rightful place. I was a little bit dismayed to find out a good portion of the grill had started rusting already. Being this close to the water is a real challenge keeping any kind of metal rust free. I cleaned it all off again and applied a real good layer of furniture polish on the affected surfaces. I want to look around at local stores and see if they have some kind of polish or wax that will at least help ward off the effects of sea salt.

I ordered me a shirt off of FB back on Friday and danged if it didn’t show up here at our mailbox today~! I very rarely ever order anything I see on FB, but took a chance with this one. First off, amazed it got here so quick…. and it is actually a quality shirt~!

My painting guy just called to say that he will be at Blues bright and early tomorrow morning to try and get the painting knocked out early (they open back up tomorrow) – so guess I’m gonna crash early and get some rest for painting and putting the bar back together by 11:00 tomorrow. Woo-hoo~!!

Good night ya’ll ….. Thankx for stopping in~!

Sunrise with rain in behind Buck Island

Sunrise with rain in behind Buck Island


“After”   Finally finished~!


Total Page Visits: 579 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *