What to do – – what to do~~

Up this morning after a very casual start to the day. My Bride was up shortly behind me and we took it easy as the day wore on. She was [obviously] feeling soooo much better. She even went ‘out and about‘ yesterday to get some last minute items before her impending departure and did well. She made us a most wonderfully delicious breakfast before she started packing. She was feeling a little depressed as she packed, knowing I was not going to be there with her. She bravely fought back tears as it came time to load her into the truck and take her to the airport. I reminded her how she was going to be surrounded by [most] of our Daughters and all of our Grand babies, which seemed to help. I think the thought of arriving in front of an impending blizzard didn’t help, but whadda ya gonna do ?? I got her to the airport, checked in and made sure arrangements in Atlanta were in place. A long hug and multiple kisses before she headed into the restricted area (for me) and headed into customs. I reminded her I was a mere 20 minutes if something went South.

I stopped at the store and picked up a couple of items that I was gonna need and headed back to the house. Weird feeling….. I guess knowing she is not going to come stumbling out of the bedroom in an hour or so. I [usually] relish my time alone, but this just didn’t seem right. I’m sure she is having the same thoughts, but I take solace in the fact she is going to be up to her neck in love with the girls and Grand babies around her. I also secretly think she really wanted to be back in the states for Christmas, although she would never admit it out loud. For that, I am happy we went through with sending her back. I am also greatly relieved that she is now going to get the medical care she needs. That worried more than anything. She has made a dandy recovery from her pneumonia, but I want to get the other issues resolved and this trip should do it. At least I know she will not be subjected again to the horrid condition’s of our embarrassingly nasty ER here.

As for me…. I have straightened up the house, confirmed I am diving tomorrow, even though it is a private charter, so I have all my batteries on charge right now. I have made me a drink (or two) and listening to the music channel on TV and the whir of the floor fan. As much as I look forward to “Baching” it for the next couple of weeks, when you have spent as much time together as we have, it’s just different…… We’ll both be okay, just may take a day ‘or so’ to get accustom to it. Angie will use our family to deal with it…… me, I’m gonna dive ‘my brains out’.

Good Night Y’all – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Thankx for stopping in~!

Happy Anniversary to our ‘Damn’ Neighbors~!


Total Page Visits: 337 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *