Odds & Ends~

Slept in ever so slightly after getting to bed way past my bed time. The wedding had a nice crowd in a gorgeous location. Other than a brief rain shower and some falling rust – everything went off pretty much, without a hitch. The DJ had the bass and the volume turned up enough, it was literally vibrating the rust off of the roof on the old overheard canopy we all were under, so everything got a fine layer of rust sprinkled on them during the course of the program [inside joke] and you had to keep your glass covered lest you had to strain the rust between your teeth when you drank. Thankfully, he turned it down considerably while we were eating, so you didn’t have as much coming down during the meal. The wedding cake and the buffet table got their fair share of droppings…. Ahhh island weddings~ For the most part though a very nice event. After dinner and the program, they played the music a hellva lot louder than I cared, but what would you expect from an old red neck ? My ears and my nerves finally had about as much as they could take so we said our farewells and made the long drive back to our end of the island. For my worriers…. while I did have a beer or three…. I made sure to keep myself in respectable enough shape to get me and my Bride back safely to the house.

Angie made us some French toast for breakfast and made sure I had my ration of sausage (Kielbasa) and bacon. The rest of the day was pretty laid back. I made a run to the dump and after way too much more chair time finally went out and worked on the passenger seat belt in DD II. I don’t remember if I mentioned it, but it quit working and I didn’t like hauling my Queen around without being belted in. Thankfully, I got it working again with a lot less hassle than what I was expecting. I just dumped a bunch of random pictures from my phone, so you got kind of a hodge-podge tonight….. I’ll try and put comments under some of them.

Good Night Y’all + + + + + + + + + + + + + Thankx for stopping in~!



My reply to a Daughter that said they had 39 degrees and chilly 😉
Look closely to see a visitor

One of our many outdoor residents here at the house
My parking spot when it rains real good

My ‘Rig’

Draining the battery on a dive light

Shirt another Daughter had made for me

My new dive gear

Sarah & Mikes first kiss as Mr. & Mrs.
First big breakfast (Spam chunks and eggs… Yum~!)
Other big breakfast
Total Page Visits: 193 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *