Where did that week go ??

Up this morning with the intention of getting the grass cut before taking off for Blues for breakfast. Until we get our mystery arrival of propane, most meals will have to come from somewhere else. Still can’t get over the fact calling for a replacement tank for our propane on Friday afternoon….. and they’re ‘not sure‘ if they will be able to get it to us before Thanksgiving. What a crock~! Sadly, I will be busy enough, I don’t think I’m gonna be available to pester them to let me come get a tank. (They are only about 20 minutes from us) Butt wipes…. good thing we weren’t planning a big Thanksgiving dinner. But, I digress. Mother nature decided I didn’t need to mow before leaving I guess, as it poured early in the morning, leaving the grass soaked and soggy. So we had a nice relaxed morning before heading out to our old haunt. Jim was there this visit and I got to hang out and chat with my friend for a bit. He wasn’t there my last couple of visits and it was good to see him again. I ordered me the big boy breakfast burger. I guess I should have taken a picture, but I didn’t. This is a ½ lb cheeseburger, with 2 eggs and 2 pieces of sausage and all the dressing. Hoo-Wah what a sammich. It really is to big for one meal, but just to dang good to leave any on the plate….. My Bride had a french toast casserole (or something like that). We both were stuffed. We sat and had a drink and caught up with a couple of folks from ‘the old gang‘ before finally heading back to our end of the island. With a blazing hot sun and a really nice breeze going all day, the grass was actually cuttable and even though my belly was bulging (for the first time in 3 weeks!!) and I wanted to lay down and watch TV — I made myself go out and cut the grass. After a quick cool down, I headed in town and got the ATV yard knocked out and then back here to finish weed eating around our house. I opted not to do the strip on the other side of the fence since it was still in pretty good shape….. that and the fact I was soaked in sweat by that point and the heat was now disturbing my big boy breakfast cheeseburger (and the 2 or 3 Budweiser’s on top if it)  😉

I have since had my shower and now and clean and cool and comfy and looking forward to some couch time (even though it won’t be to watch my Colts). I have the Bills/Browns game on in the background but it just ain’t the same. For logistics reasons, I am sitting out of the morning dive but am on the afternoon boat, which will be cruise ship divers….. so I’ll still probably be editing late enough that I’m not sure I’ll be able to get on here. We’ll see. Maybe I can get my propane in the morning……  😉

Good Night Y’all * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Thankx for stopping in~!


Total Page Visits: 249 - Today Page Visits: 1

Published by


Born in Germany as an Army brat - I moved permanently to the United States about the time I was ready to start school - Dad put to me to work when I turned 13 tearing off roofs and packing shingles.. I did that, DE tasseled corn and bucked hay all the way through high school. After graduation, moved down South for a year or so trying to figure what I wanted to do. Finally came home and joined the Air Force serving almost 5 years - which included a 3 year tour in Germany, where I met my Queen. Came home and started working as a roofer. Economy went to crap and I knew I would not be able to support my growing family the way I wanted to, so I pestered the HR department at General Electric until they hired me. A very quick almost 34 years, 4 Daughters and 9 Grandkids later - here I am .... waiting as patiently as I can, to start the next chapter of our life - romping around in the Caribbean Sea checking out the various islands that we have not been to yet. Holy $hit what a ride~!!!! ;-)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *